Question Time

Elixir

If any good has come of today, it's that the BBC have even less of an excuse for putting UKIP twats on Question Time, every sodding week.

They still will though.

They found a seat for Nigel on the radio version tonight.
Its the only seat ukip got today.

24 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I quite like Merryn but I do subscribe to Moneyweek.

No doubt that makes me a Tory b*****d in the eyes of the majority on here.

I have nothing against her, but do recall her vehemently against Scottish independent on what she said were economic reasons. On a QT which discussed Brexit, however, when pressed on the damage it would do to the economy, she simply stated, "what price democracy?"

Does it matter what anyone on a football forum thinks of you?

1 hour ago, Antlion said:

I have nothing against her, but do recall her vehemently against Scottish independent on what she said were economic reasons. On a QT which discussed Brexit, however, when pressed on the damage it would do to the economy, she simply stated, "what price democracy?"

Money week has been fairly consistently pro brexit but during the referendum they did run features arguing the economic case for Scottish independence.

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

I find her to be a very SNPBad, pro Brexit, pro Tory cheerleader. I seem to recall she backed Le Pen also, (I may be wrong) which would confirm arsehole status.

Here she is attacking the SNP over the rape clause ...

http://moneyweek.com/merryns-blog/nicola-sturgeon-snp-clever-but-nasty-politics/

'Then if she and her party really disagree with the policy, she can reverse it in Scotland. Anything else is about as unpleasantly cynical as politics can get. Which is saying something these days'

I don't think you're a Tory b*****d, I think voting Tory is wrong. Vote for who you like, tis' a democracy after all.

18 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I find her to be a very SNPBad, pro Brexit, pro Tory cheerleader. I seem to recall she backed Le Pen also, (I may be wrong) which would confirm arsehole status.

Here she is attacking the SNP over the rape clause ...

http://moneyweek.com/merryns-blog/nicola-sturgeon-snp-clever-but-nasty-politics/

'Then if she and her party really disagree with the policy, she can reverse it in Scotland. Anything else is about as unpleasantly cynical as politics can get. Which is saying something these days'

I don't think you're a Tory b*****d, I think voting Tory is wrong. Vote for who you like, tis' a democracy after all.

Never voted Tory and doubt I ever will.

Can't recall her ever backing Le Pen and she's right on the fact that the SNP are just cynically using the rape clause debate for politics when they have the power to do something about it. I understand why the SNP are doing it though. Their main fight is with the Tories and it's one way to show that they're still the nasty party.

3 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Can't recall her ever backing Le Pen and she's right on the fact that the SNP are just cynically using the rape clause debate for politics when they have the power to do something about it. I understand why the SNP are doing it though. Their main fight is with the Tories and it's one way to show that they're still the nasty party.

I might be misreading you, but surely rather than just quietly reversing every horrible Tory policy, the SNP are quite within their rights to highlight them?

Highlighting bad policies, or in this case disgusting policy, isn't always just playing politics.

27 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

She's pretty much ignored the fact that other parties, charities, women's health groups have opposed it too.

She's abdicating the Tories from responsibility and trying to claim the SNP are the unpleasant and cynical ones here for daring to oppose it.

46 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

They don't though./ They don't have the power to reverse it. What Ruth etal are on about is that they can mitigate the damage by putting money in to support families so that they don't need to apply for it. That isn't the same as being able to reverse it.

I made the point elsewhere but why should the Scottish Government (regardless of which party is leading it) have to put money in to undo bad and wrong policies introduced by the Tories? How about we just don't vote in a government who have terrible policies?

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Money week has been fairly consistently pro brexit but during the referendum they did run features arguing the economic case for Scottish independence.

I don't know a great deal about Moneyweek, but surely a publication that offers advice on money and investments shouldn't have been championing something that has weakened our currency and increased the cost of living.

46 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

I don't know a great deal about Moneyweek, but surely a publication that offers advice on money and investments shouldn't have been championing something that has weakened our currency and increased the cost of living.

Their argument (along with few others) was that the currency was overvalued anyway so the correction was overdue.

3 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Their argument (along with few others) was that the currency was overvalued anyway so the correction was overdue.

That's a pretty flimsy argument IMO. Surely you'd want a gradual devaluation over time.