Question Time

Elixir

She is doing that to counter the scare mongering about the SNP in the English media.

Alright I accept what you've said is semi reasonable there and makes a small bit of sense. Though I still don't agree.

The media isn't against the SNP, read it its against Scotland having influence at WM and getting 'English' money, so it is about Scotland. Though you apparently don't see it that way, fine I do so we disagree. No problem.

Edited by FuzzyAffro

Agree that Swinney wasn't very good, bumbling through a question dealing with the Smith Commission, and that (incredibly) Hague came across as the best on the panel, However, probably quite a good tactic to show a wider audience that it isn't 'just' Eck and Nicola. No ground lost as a result. Just how bitter is Harriet Harman?

Edited by Jedi

Hosie's usually a master at such events, he's like a tier down from Salmond and Sturgeon but still one of the best in politics.

One horror show during the referendum has had him tarred with a brush that he's rubbish.

easy tiger, we are speaking about Stewart Hosie, a master of such events he is not, and his "horror" show during the #indyref, will follow him for some time, it is what people remember him for

easy tiger, we are speaking about Stewart Hosie, a master of such events he is not, and his "horror" show during the #indyref, will follow him for some time, it is what people remember him for

I've not seen this "horror show", but Hosie, in common with most of the higher-profile SNP personalities, always seems to me to put his point across in a measured and assertive manner. Last night, it was unfortunate that Swinney was the representative, as his speech pattern sometimes suggests uncertainty or reticence. A verbatim transcript would show him and Bennett as having been last nights winners when it comes to giving rational, honest replies, but unfortunately Hague can spout the most outrageous shite imaginable while failing to answer awkward questions, and sound like Mr Confidence while doing it.

Harriet Harman, though! :lol:

Hosie has been excellent in this campaign.

he may have been so, but his moment of arrogance during the #indyref campaign, will always be what he is remembered for

he may have been so, but his moment of arrogance during the #indyref campaign, will always be what he is remembered for

By you, obviously.

Not, apparently, a view shared by the SNP, who are quite happy for him to continue to make media appearances. That seems to be working quite well so far.

You do realise this is an election campaign, and not the fucking X-Factor, don't you?

By you, obviously.

Not, apparently, a view shared by the SNP, who are quite happy for him to continue to make media appearances. That seems to be working quite well so far.

You do realise this is an election campaign, and not the fucking X-Factor, don't you?

I am not one who tends to agree with ecto but in fairness, I saw the time he's talking about and I didn't like Hosie on that occasion even though I agreed with what he was saying. He came across pretty bad. (That was probably the 1st time I'd seen him) He has appeared ok in interviews I've seen since

I am not one who tends to agree with ecto but in fairness, I saw the time he's talking about and I didn't like Hosie on that occasion even though I agreed with what he was saying. He came across pretty bad. (That was probably the 1st time I'd seen him) He has appeared ok in interviews I've seen since

Yep he was sneering, rolling his eyes and just coming across as an arrogant twat on that occasion. Thankfully since then (perhaps because of how he was perceived then) he has been doing a great job, very measured, calm and unflustered.

Which reinforces my point. If the SNP media selection were all ugly, filthy trolls with few teeth and speech impediments, their message would be the same. And they would be just as deserving, or otherwise, of support.

The idea of rating politicians and parties as if this is a fucking talent show is one of those things which has really started to boil my piss in recent years, although it's been niggling me since the days of Michael Foot.

Which reinforces my point. If the SNP media selection were all ugly, filthy trolls with few teeth and speech impediments, their message would be the same. And they would be just as deserving, or otherwise, of support.

The idea of rating politicians and parties as if this is a fucking talent show is one of those things which has really started to boil my piss in recent years, although it's been niggling me since the days of Michael Foot.

I agreed with him because of things I had already seen and read. If I was someone who hadn't decided his behaviour would have not convinced me. It's nothing to do with how he looked, it was his behaviour and attitude. I agree it shouldn't be about image but if someone comes across as quite dismissive and arrogant then you're less likely to listen to them

Again just to add, I have not seen him behave like that since and am not overly bothered about it

Edited by oddly optomistic

Aye voted in as deputy leader, will easily retain his seat in May and be part of a large group of SNP MP's in Westminster trying to keep the sorry assed Labour duffers honest.

The only people that will remember whatever horror show you are referring to are the bitter slabbers who will slowly but surely become a complete irrelevance in politics, in much the same way as your Tory comrades in arms did.

Deal with it.

image.jpg