Question Time

Elixir

No chips here bobby, 5 live all morning has been local politicians from the likes of Leeds and Hull keen on being devolved as it will make them part of the northern powerhouse. They want this because we are stealing all their money, according to the mayor of Hull and the BBC reporter asking him the question. No love bombing from these folk this morning, just more Scotland bad stuff again. Glad we are used to it by now.

level headed ? A chip on both shoulders

Yeah that'll be it. The UK's 3rd largest party, in terms of MPs and member numbers and no representation again on Question Time, but it's the SNP supporter who has the problem because he brought it up?

Good yin, son.

Yeah that'll be it. The UK's 3rd largest party, in terms of MPs and member numbers and no representation again on Question Time, but it's the SNP supporter who has the problem because he brought it up?

Good yin, son.

UK's 3rd largest party but not representative of the UK. You've many posters on here who 'dont give a f*ck about the Cornish' for example. Don't worry I'm sure you'll get a regular shot on QT. The Beeb would be mad to ignore, even on viewing figures alone.

Nigel Farage will be on Question Time more often in the next six months than the Scottish National Party will. Bookmark it.

I like Nigel Farage on QT.

He is a good speaker and is not one of the establishment.

He stirs things up.

Did anyone see him on QT (I think) just before the election.

There were 5 opposition leaders on the panel.

He rounded on the audience and telt them they were fools.

No matter what you think about his politics he can fairly stir things up.

Makes good TV viewing.

It was similar with George Galloway back in the day.

Anti-establishment and livened up any debate he was part of.

Of course we want SNP spokespersons on QT but not at the expense of Nigel.

Drop these f**king Lords and Ladies who are constantly on the panel.

They are the complete opposite of Democracy and should be treated as such.

UK's 3rd largest party but not representative of the UK. You've many posters on here who 'dont give a f*ck about the Cornish' for example. Don't worry I'm sure you'll get a regular shot on QT. The Beeb would be mad to ignore, even on viewing figures alone.

What party are representative of the UK?

Please be very specific

Lib Dems had someone every other week on QT in the last parliament so I'm assuming the SNP should have someone next week

The Lib Dems had someone on QT nearly every week. Not every other week.

ETA:

8th January - Vince Cable

15th January - Baroness Brinton

22nd January - Tim Farron

29th January - None

5th February - None

12th February - Ed Davey

19th February - Norman Lamb

26th February - Tessa Munt

5th March - Danny Alexander

12th March - Charles Kennedy

19th March - Shirley Williams

26th March - None

2nd April - Danny Alexander

9th April - Vince Cable

16th April - Jo Swinson

So ignoring the specials around the election and since the turn of the year, the LibDems have been on 12 out of 15 episodes. Significantly more than every second week.

FETA: 28th May could be a fun - first Scottish episode since the election and in Aberdeen.

Edited by strichener

With Eck being the SNP's foreign affairs spokesperson, how crucial will be in manoeuvring the In/Out Europe issue in the coming year? Think the SNP have played a blinder by putting him in that position.

Do the SNP ever get a seat in QT when it's not in Glasgow? They deserve to be on most weeks but knowing the beeb they will do it by vote share and make UKIP the 3rd party.

My prediction for Aberdeen:

Eck

Ian Murray

Ruth Davidson

Some random journo

A z-list celebrity of Nat persuasions (Hopefully Michael Stewart or Amy McDonald but probably Eddie Reader)

Do the SNP ever get a seat in QT when it's not in Glasgow? They deserve to be on most weeks but knowing the beeb they will do it by vote share and make UKIP the 3rd party.

Eck

Ian Murray

Ruth Davidson

Some random journo

A z-list celebrity of Nat persuasions (Hopefully Michael Stewart or Amy McDonald but probably Eddie Reader)

That last option could be filled by any number of people - Ricky Ross, Hardeep Singh Kohli, Martin Compston, Pat Kane,etc etc...

Eck

Ian Murray

Ruth Davidson

Some random journo

Hopefully someone like Kelvin Mckenzie or Katie Hopkins will be thrown in for maximum seethe.