A game where you remember a

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember a young gary teale and a Glynn hurst(?) rippin the absolute pish out of us at love street when they were at Ayr utd, swore then I'd never see that gary teale back in p......... Ah shit!

Amazingly that was the game that immediately sprang to my mind too.

Teale was immense that day, he scored an absolute peach and was everywhere, could tell then he was destined for the top level. Was no surprise that he went on to play for Scotland and in the EPL.

Whatever happened to him since...?

Di Canio at RP.

Might have been his debut.

Exactly what I was coming here to post - and it was his debut. He came off the bench with 15 to go and utterly annihilated us.

Remember Ray Mckinnon scoring a hat trick of direct free kicks against us for Dundee United once - not sure I've ever seen that anywhere else...

It almost seems stupid to say that one of the best players in the world tore us apart, but this is the game I would've picked too.

We were actually doing quite well, and went ahead thanks to Prince Buaben (although they equalized straight away). But then Messi came on at half-time and just obliterated us. Got applauded off the park at the end.

Probably in his top seven or eight career highlights.

The previously mentioned Caniggia game was my first thought when I read this.

I remember being desperate to GTF out of there early and get back on the bus so I could sulk in peace, but wouldn't leave the ground as long as he was on the park as it was clearly something special. Mercifully, Dundee took him off with about 7 or 8 minutes to go and that was my cue to leave. He was phenomenal that day though.

Another time was first game of the season once in the 1st and we played St. Johnstone at Love Street. Paul Hartley gave us the spanking of our lives in a 2-0 defeat and scored one of the best goals I've ever seen, even though I don't think there were cameras there to catch it, h. He flicked a through ball over his own head whilst it was behind him, into his path and finished brilliantly.

On our part, Esmael Goncalves ripped the Johnnies a new arse in the Scottish Cup game a couple of seasons ago and as mentioned, Marc Corcoran being totally indestructible against Motherwell spring to mind immediately.

We played rangers in the league at hampden and I got in early only to see the the ref and both linesman getting the photos taken in front of the rangers support next to us, we had half the rangers end as it was our home game. I thought 'what chance have we got', then Brian laudrup took over when the game started and none of that mattered, absolutely destroyed us that day.

The previously mentioned Caniggia game was my first thought when I read this.

I remember being desperate to GTF out of there early and get back on the bus so I could sulk in peace, but wouldn't leave the ground as long as he was on the park as it was clearly something special. Mercifully, Dundee took him off with about 7 or 8 minutes to go and that was my cue to leave. He was phenomenal that day though.

Another time was first game of the season once in the 1st and we played St. Johnstone at Love Street. Paul Hartley gave us the spanking of our lives in a 2-0 defeat and scored one of the best goals I've ever seen, even though I don't think there were cameras there to catch it, h. He flicked a through ball over his own head whilst it was behind him, into his path and finished brilliantly.

On our part, Esmael Goncalves ripped the Johnnies a new arse in the Scottish Cup game a couple of seasons ago and as mentioned, Marc Corcoran being totally indestructible against Motherwell spring to mind immediately.

That cannigia performance was probably the best performance from any dundee player ive ever seen. Nemsadze, ketsbia and caballero on there day pissed over there opponents but that cannigia performance was absolutely unbelievable. I dont think he got tackled or mis placed a pass once. To be able to say I seen him that day with that level of performance is special. Truly fantastic footballer and was baffled when he signed for us.

Still to this dont know how we never challenged for the league those 2 seasons. If we had that team now and they gelled it would be league over.

That cannigia performance was probably the best performance from any dundee player ive ever seen. Nemsadze, ketsbia and caballero on there day pissed over there opponents but that cannigia performance was absolutely unbelievable. I dont think he got tackled or mis placed a pass once. To be able to say I seen him that day with that level of performance is special. Truly fantastic footballer and was baffled when he signed for us.

Still to this dont know how we never challenged for the league those 2 seasons. If we had that team now and they gelled it would be league over.

Yeah that has to be the biggest team of underachievers in the history of Scottish football.

Not only did you not challenge for the league, you finished mid table and never even won a trophy. Underachievement on an industrial scale.

It almost seems stupid to say that one of the best players in the world tore us apart, but this is the game I would've picked too.

We were actually doing quite well, and went ahead thanks to Prince Buaben (although they equalized straight away). But then Messi came on at half-time and just obliterated us. Got applauded off the park at the end.

Seriously??!!

You're suggesting there's a player who's torn your team apart more than Stevie May did just about every time we played you last season?!!!!

Must be some player that Messi

Probably in his top seven or eight career highlights.

From a full Tannadice? You bet. :thumsup2:P

Seriously??!!

You're suggesting there's a player who's torn your team apart more than Stevie May did just about every time we played you last season?!!!!

I know, right? (please don't remind me of last season :()

Yeah that has to be the biggest team of underachievers in the history of Scottish football.

Not only did you not challenge for the league, you finished mid table and never even won a trophy. Underachievement on an industrial scale.

Strong rumours that the British players didnt get on with the foreign players and just didnt settle. I genuinely think of we had that level and quality of team now the league would be over. To have cannigia, ketabia, rae in his prime etc and finish mid table was ridiculous. We either got humped or destroyed someone was strange. As I said that cannigia performance was a total class apart from anything ive seen in 23 years as a dundee supporter.

Premier League Motherwell 1 Second Division Accies 1 in the Scottish Cup - one of Jose Quitongo's first games in Scotland after we signed him from Benfica. He ripped Motherwell to shreds, and it was one of the first times he had been seen on TV in Scotland.

Jock Brown on Sportscene couldn't quite believe what he was seeing ("what on earth is this lad doing in the Second Division?!")

Seriously??!!

The game at McDiarmid was incredible. Mays demolition of Souttar was embarrassing

Motherwell 1-6 Hibs; Scott Brown tore us a new yin.

That was the game that immediately sprung to mind for me.

Was probably one of the best individual performances I've ever seen. It's not uncommon to hear people slating Brown but I think he is a really good player but he was certainly a different kind of player back then for Hibs.

Gascoigne had a couple of similar matches at his peak. Where he just destroyed us. At his peak he was the best player I've ever seen in the flesh.

Archived