YouTube gamers.

djchapsticks

Does anyone watch any of the YouTube gamer videos? I've started watching a few recently and have unearthed a few I wouldn't mind a shot of that I would have otherwise never have taken note of.

I'm quite into the stuff from both Nerd3 and Jacksepticeye. Both guys are pretty funny, endearing and instead of playing games from start to finish, either mess about with them or try moderated content.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone watch any of the YouTube gamer videos? I've started watching a few recently and have unearthed a few I wouldn't mind a shot of that I would have otherwise never have taken note of.

I'm quite into the stuff from both Nerd3 and Jacksepticeye. Both guys are pretty funny, endearing and instead of playing games from start to finish, either mess about with them or try moderated content.

I watch them + DadCubed

KSI is sometimes funny but you need to change the volume a lot. I learned a lot from Marbozir's civilisation videos, and recently came across someone called arava(sp?) who does some pretty good f1 2014 vids - although he uses the term 'just about' when the thing that just about happened, actually did happen. This really irritates me. Game fails was quite good while that lasted as well.

Not a fan of Nerd3 or pewdiepie. I'm quite happy to watch playthroughs of games I don't intend to play, but generally prefer ones with no commentary.

I rarely play games any more; but when I heard people going crazy about 'The Last of Us' I decided to check it out on youtube seeing as I don't have a playstation. I got hooked after the first video and ended up watching all 90+ episodes that the guy uploaded. Can't remember what the guys name was but he was fairly entertaining and the game itself was incredible (even though I wasn't even playing).

I watch a guy called Guude.

If I can't find something on Netflix, I stick Northernlion playing Binding of Isaac on.

That's about it though. Not an avid viewer. Although it was a guy called PaulSoaresJr that made me aware of Minecraft with his 'How to Survive & Thrive' video.

It's about 1 in a 100 of these c***s that aren't hugely irritating. The general accepted humour seems to be; scream alot, put on daft voices and generally be an irritating moron.

It also seems that 90% of uploaded YouTube content now is just LetsPlay videos (particularly fucking Minecraft), meaning that when wanting to see if there's anything interesting trending or in the most popular section then you have to spend forever getting past shitty gaming videos.

That fella Frankie who does the DayZ videos is the only one that hasn't infuriated me at some point.

Game Society Pimps are the main ones I watch these days. They're a comedy gaming channel rather than serious Let's Plays and they're really the only ones I can watch without getting sick of. The channel started as a spin-off from another comedy channel called Blame Society which does a lot of improv comedy.

I used to watch Two Best Friends and still do occasionally but after a while of the same chat over and over you get a bit tired of it.

Frankie's DayZ videos are good and he has some other good stuff sometimes too.

There's a Scottish guy called Marley Thirteen who is pretty funny, he does good GTA videos and takes the piss out of shitty generic gaming channels.

Watch some Yogscast videos sometimes as well, usually if one of them is playing a game I'm interested in rather than just Minecraft.

Used to watch KSI religiously but then either I grew up or his standard of videos got worse, probably a mix of both.

Can't stand Pewdiepie. How he's most subscribed on Youtube is beyond me. Actually makes me rage thinking about it.

For a popular gamer who's not much of a c**t, TheRadBrad is pretty #dece. He's a bit of a dweeb, but harmless enough and I can watch his videos without seething (unlike Pewdiepie). Plays almost all new releases and completes them, so he's my go-to guy if I'm stuck on a section or if I want to check a game out.

Only other gaming videos I watch are specialty ones like trophy guides and walkthroughs for games on the hardest difficulty level, but you find them easily enough on the search engine.

TotalBiscuit is a reviewer. He's actually pretty damn influential, particularly in the indy scene but he's the most subscribed to 'reviewer' on Steam as well ahead of big gaming magazines. It's a pity he's a c**t though.

Archived