Are Caley Partick Thistles bitches

I quite like Inverness, if only because one of my first games as a Thistle fan was the cup game against Inverness when we were in the 2nd division and they were in the SPL (the year we got put out by Hearts and, iirc, lasted longer than both Celtic and Rangers in the cup)

We won it on penalties - think the score was 2-2 AET. Can't remember much about the game, other than taking an immediate, somewhat irrational and permanent dislike to Ross Tokely. Was it Will Snowdon or Sean Kilgannon who scored the winning penalty? Pretty sure it was one of them.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I quite like Inverness, if only because one of my first games as a Thistle fan was the cup game against Inverness when we were in the 2nd division and they were in the SPL (the year we got put out by Hearts and, iirc, lasted longer than both Celtic and Rangers in the cup)

We won it on penalties - think the score was 2-2 AET. Can't remember much about the game, other than taking an immediate, somewhat irrational and permanent dislike to Ross Tokely. Was it Will Snowdon or Sean Kilgannon who scored the winning penalty? Pretty sure it was one of them.

Snowdon I think. It was live on Sky I think. Was it a monday night or am I imagining things?

Snowdon I think. It was live on Sky I think. Was it a monday night or am I imagining things?

Pretty sure you're right about it being a Monday night. It was also, iirc, fucking baltic, we were utter shit, I was there with the missus and she persuaded me to leave before ET and watch the rest of it and the penalties in Crosslands. We were never, ever winning that shootout the way we'd played that night.

Not looking forward to the next round of the cup. :(

We won it on penalties - think the score was 2-2 AET.............Was it Will Snowdon or Sean Kilgannon who scored the winning penalty? Pretty sure it was one of them.

Pretty sure you're right about it being a Monday night. It was also, iirc, fucking baltic,

It was live on sky, it was a toes numb night, but if memory is right, it was 1-1 AET, 4-2 or 5-3 on penalties, Snowdon scored the winning penalty, and I'm not at all sure about it being a Monday night. Oh and I think I remember Mark Roberts scored our first penalty.

Aye, it was 1-1. Roberts scored in both games and scored the first penalty. The Hoor was a top lad for us.

Aye, he scored both goals in the first leg did he not?. Marko The Hoor virtually carried us back then for a few seasons, if it wasn't for him, god knows where we'd have ended up.

^^ typed the above 10 minutes ago, but never posted as went back to googling.

Took a bit of digging (googling), plenty sites list the replay score but no other info, but finally found this:

http://caleythistleonline.com/topic/24031-v-partick-a-scottish-cup-150206/

So, it was a Wednesday (not a Monday) night, and penalty kicks went like this:

The dreaded penalty shoot became a reality and it was the usual nervous affair. Dargo set ICT on the right track with the first kick and the first goal then Mark Roberts equalised, Arthur saved Wyness's kick, Ricky Gillies made it 2-1, Arthur saved from Ross Tokely and Sean Kilgannon netted for 3-1. Wilson scored for ICT but Will Snowdon did the same for Partick to give them an unassailable 4-2 lead. Finally it was all over.

Unquestionably. Used to be Falkirk back in the old 1st Division days at the end of the last century and start of this one. Partick Thistle have definitely replaced them as the team we take a good fucking from.

The South Stand at Pittodrie is normally quite bad but it's hard to argue with how blatic it was on Saturday. I could barely feel my feet by the end of the game.

I've never been, myself, but is Airdrie's stadium not meant to be absolutely baltic?

Never had a problem at Excelsior, but maybe I've just never been in winter.

I seem to remember a game at Broadwood about 6 or 7 years ago (a 4-2 win I think) being really, really cold.

Archived