Kilmarnock F.C. - A Shambles From Top to Bottom

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peaks and troughs is what football is all about. Killie have gone through this acrimony in the club before and will do so again I have no doubt.

We are relatively spoiled for a small provincial club, in my life time I have witnessed us win the treble and reached other finals which I doubt any other provincial club can say.

I've been at RP when there has been 12,000 and when there was under 500 fans and it is the fans that are the only true constant.

Chairmen and menagers will come and go some will be appreciated some not , is AJ any worse the Eddie Morrison,Jim Clunie,Calderwood etc etc ?

We will survive the MJ era whether we are in the premiership is another matter but dont doubt MJ is not trying his best to keep us up as he has a vested interest in the SPFL gravy train. The question is wheher he is good enough .As for the rest of the board I feel we are in the same boat as sevco in that some members are only in it for what they can get out of it. I am willing to be proved wrong in the long term though.

Jim Mann to supposedly take over as chairman from tomorrow. Whether that will mean any real change is up for debate, but hopefully the figurehead being out the spotlight will help improve crowds if nothing else.

I don't think it's as of 1st January but he's definitely becoming chairman.

Still a bit worried about MJ running show day to day though.

Time will tell.

I must be missing something glaringly obvious but I sense posters of clubs like Falkirk and Dunfermline ( to name 2) won't exactly be reaching for the tissues for Killie fans.

You're in the Top league, financially stable, have recently won a cup. Reached a final recently too and very few people think you'll go down.

Please save us the tears eh.

I must be missing something glaringly obvious but I sense posters of clubs like Falkirk and Dunfermline ( to name 2) won't exactly be reaching for the tissues for Killie fans.

You're in the Top league, financially stable, have recently won a cup. Reached a final recently too and very few people think you'll go down.

Please save us the tears eh.

There's more to football clubs than winning. We're losing fans on an almost weekly basis. Club has been terribly run with shambles after shambles.

I'm genuinely worried we're going to lose a large chunk of a certain generations of fans. Our club keeps all fans organisations at hands length, youth groups detached themselves etc.

Might seem trivial to Pars/Bairns fans who've been through mire but we need unity before we end up relegated with a skeleton of our support still bothered.

I've lost count of the number of diehards (guys who never missed a game, travelled to Bosnia etc, pre seasons in Wales, Ireland etc, who've turned so apathetic. These guys were every present in the 80s when we struggled to hit 1000 crowds.

Peaks and troughs is what football is all about. Killie have gone through this acrimony in the club before and will do so again I have no doubt.

We are relatively spoiled for a small provincial club, in my life time I have witnessed us win the treble and reached other finals which I doubt any other provincial club can say.

I've been at RP when there has been 12,000 and when there was under 500 fans and it is the fans that are the only true constant.

Chairmen and menagers will come and go some will be appreciated some not , is AJ any worse the Eddie Morrison,Jim Clunie,Calderwood etc etc ?

We will survive the MJ era whether we are in the premiership is another matter but dont doubt MJ is not trying his best to keep us up as he has a vested interest in the SPFL gravy train. The question is wheher he is good enough .As for the rest of the board I feel we are in the same boat as sevco in that some members are only in it for what they can get out of it. I am willing to be proved wrong in the long term though.

This. Those of us of a certain age have been up and down the leagues with Killie, and seen some horrendous "product" on the park over the years. Without wishing to sound all "grumpy old man" about it, I'd hazard a guess that the majority of posters on here have limited experience of what it was like before the Fleeting years. Where we are now is fine - but the way things are going, that may not be our position for much longer. We have a proud record, as KME says, which bears comparison with any provincial club. Our days as a real force, though, are almost half a century gone - and they ain't coming back any time soon.

We survived the Lauchlan times, we survived Eddie Morrison as manager - we'll get through this as well. Whether as a top tier team or not, even whether we end up going part-time again, there'll always be a Killie. What is keeping the fans away is the obvious lack of concern from MJ - the man seriously doesn't appear to give a fúck about the club. And, again to echo KME's sentiments, it's our fucking club, not his.

If the worst came to the worst, and a part-time Killie were playing in the bottom tier, real fans would still support the club if there was a vibe that suggested those in charge actually cared. That vibe has been absent since Kenny left - just one of Johnston's "improvements".

There's more to football clubs than winning. We're losing fans on an almost weekly basis. Club has been terribly run with shambles after shambles.

I'm genuinely worried we're going to lose a large chunk of a certain generations of fans. Our club keeps all fans organisations at hands length, youth groups detached themselves etc.

Might seem trivial to Pars/Bairns fans who've been through mire but we need unity before we end up relegated with a skeleton of our support still bothered.

I've lost count of the number of diehards (guys who never missed a game, travelled to Bosnia etc, pre seasons in Wales, Ireland etc, who've turned so apathetic. These guys were every present in the 80s when we struggled to hit 1000 crowds.

Respect for replying, and without insults which is all you seem to get nowadays on here.

What's the Killie ST sales and average crowd the last 3 seasons?

If you look at it on a larger scale our crowds in the year 2000 were around 11000 compare that to today and we are now getting 3500 through the gates. We don't get told season ticket numbers it's a big secret. But it's blatantly obvious going to rugby park nowadays there's huge gaps even in the more heavily populated east stand where a good chunk of our hardcore sit and they are drifting away fast. One man is to blame for the apathy.

If you look at it on a larger scale our crowds in the year 2000 were around 11000 compare that to today and we are now getting 3500 through the gates. We don't get told season ticket numbers it's a big secret. But it's blatantly obvious going to rugby park nowadays there's huge gaps even in the more heavily populated east stand where a good chunk of our hardcore sit and they are drifting away fast. One man is to blame for the apathy.

Killie used to average 11000 at home in 2000? That's absolutely mental. Where have the fans gone?

Killie used to average 11000 at home in 2000? That's absolutely mental. Where have the fans gone?

To their sofa's to follow football on sky then turn up for semi finals and finals mostly.

1st wave of leavers said they wouldn't be back til JJ left. When JJ got the punt very few returned.

There are still a few out there who say they won't return til MJ leaves, some might return if he ever does, some won't.

When you stop going to the football it's pretty hard to get back into, it's quite easy to find alternative, cheaper ways to spend your weekends. We seem to be pretty much down to the diehards, and alot of them are starting to get scunnert now too.

This season I've started to question myself attending games in some instances I haven't bothered to attend. Then watched highlights of those games read match reports etc and then realised I ain't missing anything. Up until last year I wouldn't have dared missed a home game and attended a good few away fixtures. I can now see why so many supporters have chosen to go down this route and filled there sat afternoon time with something more exciting. Under the two Johnstons we may lose another generation of supporters unless there's major change and structure from the top down.

Archived