Kilmarnock F.C. - A Shambles From Top to Bottom

Kilmarnock would be no real loss to the top league. It is a provincial club from a wee town that is almost in England. If they went bust then their fans would just go back to supporting their big team, Rangers, so no worries there.

I'd honestly be more excited with teams like Falkirk, Dunfermline or Raith in the Premiership than Kilmarnock.

You're just a wee team from a city though.

Dundee have been nonentities in my 25 years of watching Killie. Always been a yo yo team winning zilch.

I've seen us win both cups, travel Europe, have numerous players capped and more importantly not gone into administration.

The last time Dundee were relevant was same time Killie were champions of Scotland.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're just a wee team from a city though.

Dundee have been nonentities in my 25 years of watching Killie. Always been a yo yo team winning zilch.

I've seen us win both cups, travel Europe, have numerous players capped and more importantly not gone into administration.

The last time Dundee were relevant was same time Killie were champions of Scotland.

A tear-soaked blur of a rebuttal.

A tear-soaked blur of a rebuttal.

Speaking of tear-soaked blurs, has NDD/Phoenix been released from custody after he battered half of Dundee yet?

6-2 after all, sair yin. Can't imagine what it'd be like to be so much pisher than our arch rivals.

I mean, 6-2, ooft...

This is also the worst Killie manager /team since we were promoted and we're still above Dundee.

Doesn't really say much for you.

With no disrespect to TB and the players, some of the football in that first season back in the top flight was horrible to watch - but we had retention of that status as our main proirity that season, so at least there was some justification for the grinding out of draws and nicking the occasional win. Certainly I didn't mind dancing around at Easter Road as if we'd won the competition!

With no disrespect to TB and the players, some of the football in that first season back in the top flight was horrible to watch - but we had retention of that status as our main proirity that season, so at least there was some justification for the grinding out of draws and nicking the occasional win. Certainly I didn't mind dancing around at Easter Road as if we'd won the competition!

10 times better than the dross we watch now.

Maybe just the magic of going to new grounds and playing new teams but even though the football was not the most skillfull i barely missed a game because it was something to look forward to and with Tam Broon you knew 100% effort was there, nowadays ............

Im old enough to remember Killie from round about that era, the old Rugby Park with the gaps behind the goals similar to Hampden and the old CP and the bizzare away end with half of the terrace behind the goal under a roof :lol:

I always recall the first game Killie played at Celtic Park when TB had them playing a dour Walter Smith style bus parking display that eeked out a 0-0 draw when, ironically enough Celtic were utterly chronic back then and any smidgeon of ambition would have brought more reward.

I seem to recall Bobby Fleeting wasnt too popular with the Killie fans then, much like MJ now but still managed crowds of 5000 regularly in the old 1st and 2nd division to watch Ian Porteous and Bobby McConville, always struck me as a club with a potential 10,000 home support if they got it right on the park but not anymore, enthusiasm for the club seems to be ebbing away season after season

I seem to recall Bobby Fleeting wasnt too popular with the Killie fans then, much like MJ now but still managed crowds of 5000 regularly in the old 1st and 2nd division to watch Ian Porteous and Bobby McConville, always struck me as a club with a potential 10,000 home support if they got it right on the park but not anymore, enthusiasm for the club seems to be ebbing away season after season

Bobby Fleeting was loved - nothing like MJ!

He still is and i've been to various functions over the years which he has attended and he's been given the red carpet treatment.

Fleeting had charima, a markteting brand, could sell sand to the arabs.

Think your memory is playing tricks on you!

but still managed crowds of 5000 regularly in the old 1st and 2nd division to watch Ian Porteous and Bobby McConville

Our best average attendance in the 1st Division during the 1980s was 2487, and that was in the season we got relegated. We only had one crowd over 5000 in that entire six year spell, and that was 5387 for a derby against Ayr in August 1988.

Our average attendance in our only season in the 2nd Division was 3247, and we only had one crowd over 5000 - that was 8526 against Cowdenbeath on the final day when we gained promotion.

Crowds were a bit better after we got promoted back to the 1st Division, but we still averaged less than 5000 in each of our three seasons in the 1st Division before we made it to the top flight.

• 4 weeks later...

Source^^^^^

The rumour is actually that he's stepping down, and Jim Mann is taking over. I'm sure it'll be announced at the AGM. MJ will keep a seat on the board though, until the summer when he leaves properly.

https://twitter.com/bbcjimspence/status/561160749176074240

The rumour is actually that he's stepping down, and Jim Mann is taking over. I'm sure it'll be announced at the AGM. MJ will keep a seat on the board though, until the summer when he leaves properly.

https://twitter.com/bbcjimspence/status/561160749176074240

I'm sure you'll all find something else to moan about.

Archived