P&B's Top 40 Films of the 90s

Ludo*1

21. Unforgiven.

large_9oPodyvCWyPMZJDjg29tBfFRwtG.jpg

I still believe this to be Eastwood's best directorial effort. And it has some major competition! (I've not seen his latest effort yet.) The performance he turns in as well, is simply classic Eastwood. However, Gene Hackman stole the show in my eyes with a fantastic performance.

Has there been a better Western since?

Points Received: 30.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unforgiven was number 4 on my list , visually stunning with some of the finest performances ever in a Western, agree Hackman gets the nod but have to give Harris his due, his was the lesser role but was an exceptional character.

Would it be the best Western ever even?

20. Leon.

Leon-poster.jpg

Been a long time since I've seen this, will need to dust the DVD down and watch it again. In fact, I might be right in saying the last time I seen this was on VHS! This was the film that introduced me to Jean Reno and I've followed his career ever since. Surprised Ronin was a zero pointer, although this film is the one that I'll remember Reno most from. Classic film. Another Natalie Portman entry as well, who said she wasn't one of the finest actors ever? :P

Out of interest, it'd be worth compiling which actor is in the most films from not only the 90s list but the 80s list to see who P&B's 'definitive' actor of each era is, but who's got time for that?!

Points Received: 31.

The OP, on 11 Feb 2015 - 22:02, said:

My money would be on Kevin Spacey as the most prolific in the 90s list.

From the list so far, (Not looking at the films to come) Tom Hanks could be good shout as well. Hanks being in Philadelphia, Toy Story and The Green Mile thus far.

Spacey might not be most prolific actually from looking at his CV on IMDB, but 4 of his 90s films will definitely feature (obviously 2 already have) don't think any of the rest will.

Usual Suspects and Se7en

That would be five, no?

That would be five, no?

Nope. It occurs to me I may be missing some sort of joke either playing on the word

Se7en

or the fact there are two words in

Usual Suspects.

but don't think I am.

I think De Niro will have at least 4, given Sleepers and Heat have already featured.

Glengarry, LA Conf and American Beauty, plus those two.

Ah right, I missed Glengarry Glen Ross from my calculations. Apologies.

I voted Jackie Brown quite high but I can't see it featuring. It and Cape Fear have a chance though.

Archived