P&B's Top 40 Films of the 90s

Ludo*1

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goal is to have this finished by very early March as I'm sure you'd all agree, it's beginning to drag!

Anyways:

15. Terminator 2: Judgement Day

Terminator2poster.jpg

Terminator is a great film. Arnie plays the bad role excellently, but Robert Patrick is simply better. His turn as the T-1000 is spectacular and he goes a long way to making this the best film in the series. That being said, Arnie as the 'good guy' just feels right as well. Classic Arnie, in a great action film. I won't spoil it if you haven't seen it (If you haven't, wtf?!) but the ending has to go down as one of those iconic film scenes that you just will never forget.

Great film.

Points Received: 36.

The ending is wonderful stuff. This movie is just incredible though, from the soundtrack to the movie itself, and some incredible iconic scenes. Let's not forget the dream scene with the nuke going off.

Robert Patrick as well as one of my favourite movie baddies ever.

T2 wouldn't be high on my list of films of the decade, but 25 years ago its (very expensive) CGI and special effects were a landmark- the technical breakthrough this film made was the gateway to a new era.

14. True Romance.

MV5BMTIzNTk3MjI4NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODMz

Another well deserving placement. Cracking film, great cast, (Dennis Hopper and Christopher Walken in that scene are simply superb).

Points Received: 40.

13. Fargo.

fargo-poster.jpg

Genuine question, how does the series compare? Steve Buscemi is sensational in this film and never 'shuts the f**k up'. As Coen films go, this is considered as one of their best. Quirky thriller eh.

Points Received: 40.

Archived