P&B's Top 40 Films of the 90s

Ludo*1

I really hate it. Like really. I used to like it when I was younger but I really hate it now. It feels like it goes on forever and I absolutely hate the character of Forrest Gump.

Forrest Gump and The Shawshank Redemption in the top 10, You're a disgrace P&B. A disgrace.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hate it. Like really. I used to like it when I was younger but I really hate it now. It feels like it goes on forever and I absolutely hate the character of Forrest Gump.

Forrest Gump and The Shawshank Redemption in the top 10, You're a disgrace P&B. A disgrace.

You and I should marry

What. A. Film. :wub: Has Fincher ever made a bad one? Panic Room is probably the closest he's come, apart from that he's just been continually churning out modern masterpieces, imo.

And 19 things you (maybe) didn't know about Fight Club.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/11130111/Fight-Club-20-things-you-didnt-know-about-the-film.html

Benjamin Button. Really didn't like that one bit. Other than that, I've enjoyed all of his work. Used to hate Panic Room after seeing it in the cinema, but gave it a second watch not long ago and I liked it a LOT more.

EDIT: Oh and Fight Club is exceptional.

Maybe have to give it another try NDD, i was the same with Panic Room after seeing it in the cinema.

Seem Button twice and thoroughly enjoyed it both times although it's undoubtedly one his weaker film, which is still high praise.

Didn't actually know Button was a Fincher film. If I'd known I'd probably have not went to the cinema to see Gone Girl which was a great watch.

8. Reservoir Dogs

936full-reservoir-dogs-poster.jpg

Sorry for the size of the image, but thought it was a cracker! Great film, well deserved placing.

The dialogue and soundtrack are what makes this film so special. Doesn't hurt when you have a few acting powerhouses combining together either though.

Points Received: 52

I'm inclined to agree with Banana- Dogs sometimes gets talked-up as some sort of Generation X Citizen Kane but that's not the case. It's a good film, full of excitement and originality, but it left a lot to be desired- thankfully Tarantino was humble enough to accept that, and upped his game thereafter.

Used to hate Panic Room after seeing it in the cinema, but gave it a second watch not long ago and I liked it a LOT more.

Maybe have to give it another try NDD, i was the same with Panic Room after seeing it in the cinema.

Really good film, imo.

Think RD is getting hit with a hard stick here. Great film and think it has to be remembered that this was Tarantino's first and as such, didn't have the experience or budget he has these days. Spectacular film for the 90s. Not Tarantino's best but arguably one of his most iconic.

Archived