January Transfers 2015

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brown, Millar, Wotherspoon, Lappin, Davidson and I guess Caddis. I don't think that's where we need the player tbh. We've always been a player heavy in there I've always thought.

If I had my way, we'd dump McFadden as well and bring in a defender as cover and another option upfront. But hey I'm not Tommy Wright.

You have a point, but quantity doesn't necessarily equate to quality in this instance. Lappin is hugely limited as a central midfielder (although I think he's pretty limited on the left as well nowadays), central midfield isn't Spoony's primary position, nor is it Caddis' (who seems equally limited in every position he is played). That leaves us with Brown, Millar and Davidson. I think Brown has potential but he's still far too raw to seriously challenge for a regular starting place IMO. Millar has obviously been our one stand-out and, despite his last couple of games, we're all aware of the fact that Davidson has constantly struggled with injuries. I'd welcome some more healthy competition in that area.

It has been confirmed today that St Mirren FC and Aberdeen FC have agreed a fee for Kenny McLean who has now agreed personal terms with Aberdeen FC.

When Kenny signed a 2 year contract extension with the Club last summer he put his trust in St Mirren and agreements were made. St Mirren FC on receipt of the offer from Aberdeen FC have therefore honoured our side of the agreement as Kenny was keen to make this move. He kept his side of the agreement with his performances for the Club this season.

We would like to thank Kenny for all of his efforts and wish him well at Aberdeen FC.

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=40518

Oooft. Terrific signing for Aberdeen. I was rather hoping that we might put in a sneaky bid if/when Armstrong is sold.

Celtic bid for Armstrong again rejected.

He'd probably be best served following Ryan Gauld to the Continent.

Rumours earlier about Sporting aswell. Shite nothings came to that. Some of our young guys could be playing in the top leagues abroad instead of going to the English 2nd tier.

Had hoped Gauld would maybe set a trend. Still time for that though I suppose.

Rumours earlier about Sporting aswell. Shite nothings came to that. Some of our young guys could be playing in the top leagues abroad instead of going to the English 2nd tier.

Had hoped Gauld would maybe set a trend. Still time for that though I suppose.

It'd be great to see two Scottish lads pushing for a place in the starting XI of a top European team.

Great bit of business. Exactly the sort of signing we should be making. A highly regarded young player who has shown he can do well in this league.

It's great to see us getting players like McLean and Shinnie instead of unknown foreign dross or mercenaries like we have seen over the years.

Enjoy :( .

Hopefully Aberdeen can get him to kick on and maybe even get a Scotland cap.NAP to score against us at Todders in a few weeks.

Archived