January Transfers 2015

Neither are mine. Other than any latent threats to your well being.

Thats quite hurtful, tbh. I was just trying to get involved in some jovial banter and you're threatening me with physical violence. Clearly this is the reason I was voted a better poster than you.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And yet you wouldn't necessarily receive £150k for a Championship-level player.

Sorry champ, but I'm afraid that the transfer market doesn't actually operate on a set of hunches and fantasy island valuations. When you are faced with relegation, clubs will offer to take your players at a higher value than they'd be worth in a lower division, Particularly when your board is completely disinterested in actually improving your club.

Given those facts, Fleetwood's bid of £150k before the prospect of St Mirren taking the plunge and getting absolute pennies for him is a valid move.

You're right champ, the transfer window doesn't operate on hunches.

Fleetwood offered 150k, that's way under Kenny's value therefore we rejected the bid.

Don't really see your point, champ?!

really? have sevco and Falkirk not both picked up 800k for diddy players this season? more than most premier clubs would get

800k for sevco is desperation money, if they had hung on to him, got promted they clearly would have got way more than that.

Not exactly comparing like for like, but...

McLean - a goal scoring midfielder who is 22 and is in a rich vein of form, and who has been playing in the top league for several years - albeit in a struggling team - £150k from Fleetwood.

Hendry - a 20 year old full back, who I'm sure is doing a good job (personally had never heard of him until a few weeks ago when this bid came in) in a team performing well - £2,000,000+ from West Ham.

The transfer market is bizarre some times.

Edited to add: just saw someone saying the Accies left back only has 6 months left on his contract. Sorry, but how can any fullback, anywhere, go for £2 million when they've only 6 months on their contract? Nuts!! Accies are transfer market kings if they can pull this off!

St Mirren have zero track record in bringing through players capable of playing at anything above Scottish Premiership level, so clubs will be less willing to pay a reasonable sized fee for one of your players.

He'd be most welcome in a midfield that can't keep hold of the ball under duress.

My worry is that you could put Scott Brown in our midfield and he would lose it regularly. If a player has plenty options it can make them look better than they are. Our midfield often have very few options when in possession which results in risky balls or being caught on the ball

One player won't solve it for us, hopefully the players brought in will improve us as a group.

St Mirren have zero track record in bringing through players capable of playing at anything above Scottish Premiership level, so clubs will be less willing to pay a reasonable sized fee for one of your players.

Obviously Simon Lappin and Stphen McGinn were figments of my imagination. :rolleyes:

Only two , but two more than zero. ;)

The Jailender saying on Twitter that we've signed Raffaele de Vita. Formerly of Livingston and a few English diddies.

We have, the player has confirmed it on Twitter. He played very well for Swindon under Di Canio as far as I can make out.

Winger, but not sure what side.

Tbf Faddy could well be returning. For the opposition. Not that I want him anywhere near the first XI, since he's an unfit, past it, almost useless player now.

Archived