January Transfers 2015

The Tomas Cerny goal kick routine:

• Slowly collect the ball from player/stand
  • Stroll back to his goal
  • Tie laces
  • Clatter boots off the post to clean (often both posts)
  • Secure gloves
  • Place ball down in preparation
  • Decides it's on the wrong side and shuffles to the other side
  • Kicks the ball out for a throw

Some United fans whine at Rados lack of kicking at times dunno how lucky we are not to have him :D

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hendrie swapping one Ham for another?

Is it just me who is baffled by that fee? Out of contract in the summer, compensation would be much lower and he's never stood out to me for the Accies.

Some quality reporting from the inestimable Jane Lewis on this 'story'

Hamilton full-back Stephen Hendrie has been the subject of an offer in excess of £2m from West Ham.

However, the London club has not been back in touch to formalise their bid, with the Accies happy to proceed with the sale of the 20-year-old.

Hendrie is out of contract at the end of the season.

The Scotland Under-21 international has made more than 100 appearances for the Lanarkshire side since making the breakthrough in 2011.

So Hamilton are happy to accept a bid which hasn't yet been made.

FWIW, if West Ham are looking to sweeten the deal with some transport for young Stephen I've got a three year old Ibiza they can have £30k. Just say the word guys.

Some quality reporting from the inestimable Jane Lewis on this 'story'

So Hamilton are happy to accept a bid which hasn't yet been made.

FWIW, if West Ham are looking to sweeten the deal with some transport for young Stephen I've got a three year old Ibiza they can have £30k. Just say the word guys.

best accies player of all time! Show me the Money!!

Accies chairman on BBC there, saying the fee was not 2/m upfront but with add ons it would be well over 2m overall. Take it and run

That's not what he said. It was put to him that the figure being talked about was £2M and he said that Accies wouldn't sell a player like that for £2M and that, including add ons, it would take much more than that overall. He didn't actually say that there had been a bid because obviously there hasn't actually been a bid.

In December Palace were negotiating/bidding for SH when West Ham came in with a stronger bid. Club and player and player went to London, fee agreed, personal terms agreed and agent's fee agreed. WH said they would email formal bid on 1 Jan when the window was open; they then said they would come in person and complete on 4 Jan. Since then no contact from them and Ronnie was clearly annoyed at them messing us, and Stephen, about.

Ronnie said he wouldn't let a player like Stephen go for just £2m ( including with add ons)

That's not what he said. It was put to him that the figure being talked about was £2M and he said that Accies wouldn't sell a player like that for £2M and that, including add ons, it would take much more than that overall. He didn't actually say that there had been a bid because obviously there hasn't actually been a bid.

Having only seen the boy on tv a couple its not really fair for me to judge his worth but a deal of £2m with whichever way the add ons/up front fee etc works, seems a thoroughly decent amount considering it's his first season in the premier league. How much more is he really worth then????

Is that directed at me? On the basis that nobody appears to believe that he's anything special and he's apparently in the last six months of his contract then I'd guess that he could be bought for a couple of hundred grand except somebody keeps telling the media that West Ham are willing to pay upwards of £2m.

I'd say either the whole story is grossly overblown or West Ham have seen something that no one else can see. I suspect the former.

Sorry for lack of clarity but I did actually mean how much do the board value him at considering the last few posts have intimated they wouldn't accept £2m. Add ons in the past have greatly helped accies with percentages of future fees etc wisely written into contracts. Was just a bit surprised to read the value banded around for this kid.

In December Palace were negotiating/bidding for SH when West Ham came in with a stronger bid. Club and player and player went to London, fee agreed, personal terms agreed and agent's fee agreed. WH said they would email formal bid on 1 Jan when the window was open; they then said they would come in person and complete on 4 Jan. Since then no contact from them and Ronnie was clearly annoyed at them messing us, and Stephen, about.

Ronnie said he wouldn't let a player like Stephen go for just £2m ( including with add ons)

If that's true it's bad enough treating any business like that but to f**k a 20 year old around with life changing promises then renege on them by totally ignore him is just unforgivable. It is Gold, Sullivan & Brady we're talking about though. Slimy b*****ds.

Archived