January Transfers 2015

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did McLean not extend his contract in the summer anyway? I assume St Mirren would be looking for at least three times that amount at the moment? Also despite Fleetwood being a team looking to move up the leagues, the overall standard in League One and Two is pretty low quality. I'd expect when he choose to move on it would be to a Championship level club?

Did someone not offer peanuts for May before he moved on too?

Peterbrough offered £300k for him after his loan spell with accies and his goal against Rosenborg in Europe, then tried to offload one of their other players as part of the deal.

I think rotherham made a ridiculous offer for him in the summer too.

It seems pretty much standard as an opening offer to test the water. St Mirren's current league position and early season form, as well as the form of the player himself, is hardly going to merit a cash windfall.

They would of course be silly to take anything close to the reported offer at such a crucial stage in the season though, especially given their relatively solid financial state. Doubt he'll be going anywhere in this window.

So Boyd back to Killie rumour seems to be gathering pace. He is already still working at the club in part time role, so if he's leaving rangers, as has been suggested, it makes sense.

Would all welcome him back? If it's a direct replacement for an outward bound Lee Miller I think it could be just what we need.

So Boyd back to Killie rumour seems to be gathering pace. He is already still working at the club in part time role, so if he's leaving rangers, as has been suggested, it makes sense.

Would all welcome him back? If it's a direct replacement for an outward bound Lee Miller I think it could be just what we need.

I was sceptical when he came back first time, but his performances, media appearances and general demeanour won me round. If he comes back again, I'll reserve judgment. I really want to go back to the way i felt about him back when he first broke through, but the stench of Sevco has a habit of clinging.

Best case scenario, he comes back, gets involved in the coaching side (skills, not fitness!) and serves Killie for a long time. Worst case? Well, he's not getting any younger, and the rangers appear to have encouraged his worst characteristics again. Behave like he has done for them, he'd spend most of the season suspended.

What is he working as part time?

Boyd and Samson are coaching the Under 13s and Under 14s a few nights a week.

O'Brien extends his loan at Motherwell until the end of the season. Meh...

Admittedly he's not great but he's the best of a bad bunch. Boy can't play football to save himself but he's a decent no nonsense defender, if slightly raw. Far better option than Kerr, Cummins or even McManus at this moment in time.

More promising was Baraclough's line "January is likely to be a busy month. Weve got to move some players on and get a more fresh faces in. I expect my phone will be very busy indeed.

So hopefully he can get rid of at least some of the shite in our squad and bring in a couple of decent players. Let's face it, whoever he brings in can't possibly do any worse than some of the current squad.

Archived