January Transfers 2015

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully he's just threw himself off the Friarton Bridge .

Nah you're stuck with me for a while longer. I was merely ensuring we were signing someone by saying the exact opposite would happen, its a well known fact Saints read my posts then act in the opposite way to make me look like a dick.

Exactly how bad was Morgan, on a scale of 1 to Rory Fallon?

Fallon was miles better.

I was accused of damning Gary McDonald with faint praise yesterday when I said he was better than David Robertson but Fallon was miles better than Adam Morgan, who was atrocious.

Like most other Saints fans, I've probably said some less than complimentary things about Swanson in the past but none of them had anything to do with his ability. He adds something different to our options, which I suppose is what you want in a signing when the squad is pretty complete in the first place.

I was accused of damning Gary McDonald with faint praise yesterday when I said he was better than David Robertson but Fallon was miles better than Adam Morgan, who was atrocious.

Like most other Saints fans, I've probably said some less than complimentary things about Swanson in the past but none of them had anything to do with his ability. He adds something different to our options, which I suppose is what you want in a signing when the squad is pretty complete in the first place.

Exactly. There has been times this season, especially since Hasslebaink was released, where we've been unable to break down a stuffy defence. Many of our players are pretty one-dimensional and rarely are able to go past a man the way wee Nigel could. Hopefully Swanson brings us that ability in the games he's not serving retrospective bans for diving.

I'm pretty happy. McGinn is a high quality player and his signing is even sweeter given that he could have gone to the Midden, presumably, and would have been a direct replacement for MCLean. The Heff - well - if he keeps Clarkson out of the team - that will be a bonus.

I'm also not totally convinced the United/Celtic deals is good for either of them.

The rest of the season is going to be like a game of 'Spot The Striker'.

Kilmarnock, Accies, & Inverness don't have a recognized striker between them and others like Ross County, Motherwell, Dundee Utd have one or two at best.

Is the no.9 a dying breed?

Kilmarnock, Accies, & Inverness don't have a recognized striker between them and others like Ross County, Motherwell, Dundee Utd have one or two at best.

Eh, we've brought two in this window and not lost any. I make that four - Ciftci, Anier, Bilate and Muirhead, plus Ryan Dow who came through the youths as a centre forward.

Eh, we've brought two in this window and not lost any. I make that four - Ciftci, Anier, Bilate and Muirhead, plus Ryan Dow who came through the youths as a centre forward.

Wouldn't say Anier, Dow or even Ciftci were out and out strikers. Not seen Bilate. Muirhead I'll give you.

I don't see where Celtic will fit Armstrong in. I wouldn't be dropping Johanson, Brown or Commons. That leaves the 'Biton' role, where Armstrong would be wasted.

He'll play alongside Commons and Johansen as one of the three behind the centre forward, exactly where he played at United.

^^^^^ Craig Levein.

I'd assumed they'd have GMS on the left of that 3.

GMS and Armstrong essentially play the same position (GMS more often wide, Armstrong more often central but, for United at least, they swapped position regularly and on Saturday GMS played a lot of the match straight through the middle). Celtic are going to need more than three players for those positions and I expect that both GMS and Armstrong will get plenty of games along with Johansen and Commons, if he stays. Neither Brown nor Biton are competition for either.

Archived