British Xmas TV

Colkitto

A while ago stv wasn't showing downton abbey and instead showed stuff like 100 greatest scottish golf courses, shortbread etc etc. They Received loads of complaints and now the English skewing show is on as in England.

Yes you are right #lol. Scots can't make TV programmes. Downton suits me fine.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we go, when all else fails pull out the anti-English card

Uh huh. Its no surprise to anyone that you are a laughable ethnic nationalist.

This thread is just more explicit proof.

So. . just to be clear here. A programme can only cater for a Scottish audience if its made here ?

Unless its made in Denmark or America. Possibly.

Why can't programmes made in England be appreciated by a Scottish audience ?

What qualifies you to determine what Scottish viewers want to see ?

Uh huh. Its no surprise to anyone that you are a laughable ethnic nationalist.

This thread is just more explicit proof.

So. . just to be clear here. A programme can only cater for a Scottish audience if its made here ?

Unless its made in Denmark or America. Possibly.

Why can't programmes made in England be appreciated by a Scottish audience ?

What qualifies you to determine what Scottish viewers want to see ?

The above is just a load of guff to be honest and I can only assume you are trolling.

Why did they remake the Office for an American audience? Are they anti-English?

The Americans seems to want programmes which suit their audience, why can't we have the same?

And as I've explained before, I'm talking about the majority of English based programmes we watch in Scotland. There have been some good English programmes over the years, but we need more programmes that cater for a Scottish audience

The Americans always make US remakes because their audiences don't deal with anything other than their own shows well. Kind of like you actually. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that it's the same in Scotland with the shows that we have.

Unless you have it? I'd like to see this evidence actually.

The Americans always make US remakes because their audiences don't deal with anything other than their own shows well. Kind of like you actually. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that it's the same in Scotland with the shows that we have.

Unless you have it? I'd like to see this evidence actually.

The above is just a load of guff to be honest and I can only assume you are trolling...

There have been some good English programmes over the years, but we need more programmes that cater for a Scottish audience

Y-e-e-s. Its certainly me that's having a complete and utter nightmare on this thread :)

On the last part... Can you go into more detail about what makes a show suitable for a Scottish audience ?

So far..to recap... We know that University Challenge isn't.. As there isn't enough parochial interest. Eggheads is fine... Because its made in Glasgow.

Has Waterloo Road undergone a 'Scottish viewers transformation ' turning it from previously unsuitable (when set in England) to now being a firm favourite of the Colkitto government broadcasting schedules ?

Worth noting that there ARE exceptions to the rule in the US, with Sherlock and Downton Abbey doing pretty well over there. But the majority of the time, there's the need for a remake, with Broadchurch being the newest example.

Worth noting that there ARE exceptions to the rule in the US, with Sherlock and Downton Abbey doing pretty well over there. But the majority of the time, there's the need for a remake, with Broadchurch being the newest example.

UK TV's shite. We have one or two programmes, with how many billion?

OK then, why not share with us the 1 or 2 TV programmes made in the UK that are not 'shite'. From your lack of clarity you must only think 1 is clearly not 'shite' and the other one is 50/50?

HaikuHibee, on 04 Jan 2015 - 11:42, said:

According to you maybe, but millions have watched some of the dramas that the BBC have produced recently, which have been pretty good efforts for the most part. Series 2 of Broadchurch is on the way with big hype too, since the first one is very good. Utopia was excellent recently, as was Babylon.

Utopia is another one being remade for US TV btw. By David Fincher though, which makes me happy.

The last series of Peaky Blinders was fantastic, does that pass the ethno-Nat test?

Far too Brummy. If it was set in Fintry then maybe.

How can you possibly enjoy a show set so far away.. Catering for Jasper Carrot and his pals ?

OK then, why not share with us the 1 or 2 TV programmes made in the UK that are not 'shite'. From your lack of clarity you must only think 1 is clearly not 'shite' and the other one is 50/50?

Adults speaking Tubbs. Go off and play with HB, a great day for it.

According to you maybe, but millions have watched some of the dramas that the BBC have produced recently, which have been pretty good efforts for the most part. Series 2 of Broadchurch is on the way with big hype too, since the first one is very good. Utopia was excellent recently, as was Babylon.

Utopia is another one being remade for US TV btw. By David Fincher though, which makes me happy.

Well by that metric, Japan beats us by some way. And they produce this....

weird-japanese-stuff-10.jpg

Archived