British Xmas TV

Colkitto

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colkitto, if a programme gets good viewing figures in Scotland do you think it caters to a Scottish audience? Surely that's the definition of catering to an audience?

Not necessarily. Could be best of a bad bunch that's only on offer to the viewing public.

Good for you. Doesn't answer the question though, does it?

Indeed.

Its not a difficult concept to grasp Colkitto. Its a quiz show with a panel of expert quizzers competing against a team of friends or colleagues.

None of the Eggheads are Scottish. Some of the competing teams are.

So does it cater for a Scottish audience or not ?

Not necessarily. Could be best of a bad bunch that's only on offer to the viewing public.

Yes.. Certainly in the modern day you are pretty much limited to two channels.

I've heard tell a 'Channel 4' is in the offing but I'll believe it when I see it

Indeed.

Its not a difficult concept to grasp Colkitto. Its a quiz show with a panel of expert quizzers competing against a team of friends or colleagues.

None of the Eggheads are Scottish. Some of the competing teams are.

So does it cater for a Scottish audience or not ?

I've never seen it.

Do you believe 4 minutes of Scottish news per hour is fair and adequate from the BBC?

I've never seen it.

Do you believe 4 minutes of Scottish news per hour is fair and adequate from the BBC?

What is 'Scottish News'? On which programme?

Did the Glasgow lorry crash get 4 minutes on the BBC news ?

Eggheads is on You Tube... Have a look at a few minutes of it.. Cone back and tell me which nation it caters for.

Although the basis of this thread is plainly ridiculous. It does serve to show that for some every problem or perceived problem can be made into an independence issue. So one guy finds some tv not to his taste and turns it into a political matter.

Because we could really do with more quality programmes like Only An Excuse . . .

My main issue with most of our TV programmes is not their origin (well apart from fawned-over over-rated American shite) but the narrow range of identikit programmes.

Oh that's a fact is it ? :lol:

Where's the evidence to support this fact ?

What about Top Gear and Doctor Who ? Is the latter OK because there's been a few Scottish actors on ?

Let me guess... Peter Davidson.. Nooo... David Tennant...yay!

I think your hatred of all things English is just oozing out here.

As I called it earlier... You are an ethic nationalist... With a hatred of England.

Dr Who is made by BBC Wales, it's a well known fact the English hate it as it is not English enough.

It would be interesting to see which programmes, like Dr Who and that show that was made in Greenock about the school. were not actually made the BBC in England.

You've never lived.

Eta

Independence won't change the telly much. The vast majority of programmes will still be bought in.

I Dont actually believe him.

Anyway eggheads is made in Glasgow. So that's presumably catering for Scottish audiences

That's the rules right?

And I think its ok to import from Denmark and America. Like Borgen and Friends. Which for some unknown reason are catering for a Scottish audience.

In a way presumably The Thick of It and The Office aren't.

Actually the American version of The Office might be OK. Just not the English one

People aren't idiots, they don't just flop in front of the telly watching whatever shite gets put on, especially not now when you can basically watch anything via Netflix, Sky+.

I'm not sure that there are separate viewing figures for Scotland but if there are and it shows that Miranda, Mrs Brown's Boys et al got high viewing figures surely that is catering for Scottish audiences?

I think Mrs browns boys ticks the colkitto boxes..

Its utter shite but there aren't many English people in it.

That not filmed in Glasgow as well?

Talking of Mrs Brown's Boys, has anyone ever met anyone who actually liked it?

Archived