Scotland = England

Gullane No 4

In the unlikely event of Scottish and English teams playing each other........... What teams do you think would produce an exciting score draw?

Here are my offers.

Dundee United v Nottingham Forrest

Rangers v Blackpool

Aberdeen v Ipswich

Celtic v Sunderland

Hearts v Wigan.

Hibs v Swindon Town

Clachnacudden v Accrington Stanley.

In the unlikely event of Scottish and English teams playing each other........... What teams do you think would produce an exciting score draw?

Here are my offers.

Dundee United v Nottingham Forrest

Rangers v Blackpool

Aberdeen v Ipswich

Celtic v Sunderland

Hearts v Wigan.

Hibs v Swindon Town

Clachnacudden v Accrington Stanley.

Accrington Stanley - who are they?

Forest would hump Dundee United.

In fact, let's predict how many Scottish teams would beat any English side from the top 2 divisions. Not many at all.

While I would agree with the main principal, Forest are absolutely dreadful under Pearce so Dundee Utd would have a chance.

Not quite on topic, but I remember seeing something once about how the English leagues would look if you re-arranged the clubs based on attendance over the past ten seasons, and sandwiched in the Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish clubs too. Main thing I remember is that Falkirk ended up in the Conference, and the part-time Scottish clubs started to appear in the Conference North/South. These things are vaguely interesting to spods like me; anyone seen anything similar during their travels on the web?

Anyway, based on this season, I reckon the Wasps would probably get a doing at Hartlepool, but might let Liverpool off with a score draw at the Recs. Only if they ask nicely, though.

Archived