ere a product you don't buy because of the adverts?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any company that cold calls. If it's not automated, I'll ask the name of the company and tell them I keep a list, and by cold calling they've just ruled themselves out of ever getting any business from me. I don't actually keep one, but it seems to disappoint the agents, which is good enough.

I've never actually understood the rationale behind it anyway - has anyone ever got one and said "Glad you phoned - I was just thinking about getting a conservatory...?"

I had a couple of Geordies turn up at my door last month and the conversation went as follows:

"Hi, we're doing sales and was wondering if you had a moment?"

"Nah, I'm alright, thanks"

"Ok, thanks for your time anyway" [leaves]

Doubt they'll be in the business long.

Went off Mars bars when they sucked the England national teams cock before a big tournament . Wasn't just tv ads they were on billboards all across Scotland.

I think they now say they support all home nations. They must of taken peters.

Sadly if you boycott Mars you give up the right to eat malteasers,galaxies, twix and snickers. Which are all far better than the dull Mars bar

I won't buy Cadburys chocolate since the Kraft takeover, when they renaged on all the promises they made to the workforce, and besides which they have changed the recipe to a more American type of chocolate and it has the consistency of sand. Disgusting stuff....

EE

Shite as it is, but they Kevin Bacon adverts are terrible

It's quite fun to catch him out though. As he gives it all the British slang pop culture, which he clearly has no clue about, but then does things not in the British way. Like putting the conga line in reverse, but reverses like he's driving an american car. Busted mate.

Archived