Raith v Queens

Our away form is shaky and Raith seem to have picked up a bit of late, I'm going to say a score draw. Two-all seems to be a result we favour this season, which as long as it doesn't materialise from us leading 2-0 would probably be a decent outcome. I think remaining unbeaten in the next two away games has to be the minimum objective. Even though it would return less points drawing both seems more favourable than beating Raith then losing to Falkirk. I think what I'm trying to say is if given a choice I'd rather beat Falkirk as I still see them as our main play-off rivals (no offence to Rovers).

I'd imagine we'll start with the same team as last week bar the forced change in goals. For no particular reason other than this belief of mine that he is better from the bench I'd be inclined to swap Lyle for Paton and go 4-2-3-1. Kidd can do the dirty work which he did very well last week, he can then move the ball onto McShane who can pick out our attacking players. We know the damage Carmichael and Russell can do out wide, and I think Paton is at his most dangerous in and around the edge of the box. We can then unleash Lyle in the second half. It all sounds so good on paper!

If we can keep Nade quiet then I fancy our chances of getting something from this.

With Millar signing today. I would imagine he would start alongside McShane fitness permitting

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh, we lost to Cowdenbeath, which we also did earlier in the season, albeit without playing especially badly in a game where Robbie Thomson was the clear Man of the Match and then drew with Alloa when suspension and illness robbed us of all the experience in our defence and we played a back five with an average age of about 20! It's disappointing when we had a chance to climb back to 2nd after beating Rangers but it's hardly a disaster.

In no place did I say it was a disaster ? I even said you guys would win 2-1. I was simply stating you would have thought with your form previous the last few weeks Cowdung & Alloa should have been easy wins and with our no wins in 8 or whatever we should be steamrolled, however now we have picked up as of late :)

As much as kidd had a decent game he's was caught following the ball a few times and Higgo had a go at him. Fair enough he's young and generally did well but we can't afford that away from home. Like said if fit Millar will start

This has turned into a pretty important game for us following our last 2 results. Win this and we're back to within 5 points of the promotion play-offs which keeps us in with an outside interest in that.

Lose and we're literally nowhere.

You are forgetting our exciting battle with Dumbaton for the title of 'best of the rest'.

After straight wins and two straight clean sheets plus the departure of Ross Perry, cofidence among the players should be sky high for this one.

I'm hopeful we can at least get a draw out of this, which would at least be another tentative step in the right direction.

I'm surprised the Queens fans aren't a little more upset by the departures of Baird and Kerr. Not because of they're ability, but because it looks pretty clear that at least one, if not both, have been tapped up by about as direct a rival as you could have.

As any jilted lover knows, it's less painful to pretend it didn't mean anything, but I'm surprised there hasn't been more of a negative reaction towards Falkirk.

Are there any rumours of the club being disappointed with the behaviour of a rival, or does everything (inexplicably) seem to have been done above board, and the two players genuinely walked out on secure contracts prior to contact from anyone else?

I'm surprised the Queens fans aren't a little more upset by the departures of Baird and Kerr. Not because of they're ability, but because it looks pretty clear that at least one, if not both, have been tapped up by about as direct a rival as you could have.

As any jilted lover knows, it's less painful to pretend it didn't mean anything, but I'm surprised there hasn't been more of a negative reaction towards Falkirk.

Are there any rumours of the club being disappointed with the behaviour of a rival, or does everything (inexplicably) seem to have been done above board, and the two players genuinely walked out on secure contracts prior to contact from anyone else?

Why worry about them going. Not sure why Falkirk are wasting money with no realistic chance of promotion as 2 of the big 3 are going up. QOS may just be watching the pennies this season then go for an all out assault for title next season

I agree with your view - it seems inconceivable to me that either of the players would walk out on a contract (in Baird's case another 18 months to go) without having received a confirmation from Falkirk that they will be in receipt of a suitable offer. As I keep saying players like Baird and Kerr are only looking at 3/4 clubs in Scotland who would either be interested in them and are able to afford the full time wages - Raith, Falkirk, QOS, Dunfermline and possibly Morton. That is a pretty sparse list of options so I think we can safely assume that the players knew that they were on safe ground.

I'm not particularly impressed by what has happened but getting furious on an Internet forum isn't going to achieve very much.

Players come and go, that's football. Baird and Kerr were relatively new to the squad meaning the fans are less attached to them. It'll be much more upsetting to see stalwarts of a successful team such as Reilly, Holt and McShane leave. Although that will be balanced out, in my case anyway, by an excitement in seeing how players we've developed cope at a higher level.

Why worry about them going. Not sure why Falkirk are wasting money with no realistic chance of promotion as 2 of the big 3 are going up. QOS may just be watching the pennies this season then go for an all out assault for title next season

I'm not sure who will go up or stay up from the playoff at the end of the season. I think it will be more difficult for the teams finishing 3rd and 4th on the basis that they have to win 3 two legged playoff matches. I don't think Rangers will go up via the playoffs, Hibs could and we don't know yet who will be in the playoff from the SPFL league. They will be playing for their lives and raise their game for a one off cup final over two legs. First thing is to qualify then see what happens!

Archived