Age differences in relationships

ICTChris

My wife is 3 years and 2 days older than me. I'm 35, she's 38. For 2 days a year I tell her she's 4 years older than me. It was funny the first time. Now, not so much.

I went out with a woman who was 34 when I was 20 for a few months. In the end we stopped seeing each other because she was getting a bit spooked by the age gap. Not me. I really liked her.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife is 3 years and 2 days older than me. I'm 35, she's 38. For 2 days a year I tell her she's 4 years older than me. It was funny the first time. Now, not so much.

I went out with a woman who was 34 when I was 20 for a few months. In the end we stopped seeing each other because she was getting a bit spooked by the age gap. Not me. I really liked her.

That means she'll be needing her thermostat looked at shortly.

I'm 27 and in the last year I've been with an 18 year old, a 19 year old, a 20 year old, a 21 year old, a 22 year old, a 25 year old, a 28 year old and currently seeing a 34 year old.

Variety is the spice of life as auld Juice Terry would say.

There were certainly a few eyebrows raised when me and my missus got together, I'm 11 and a half years older; a considerable gap when you take into account our ages at the time. I'd just come out of a long-term relationship and many saw me chasing this younger lassie as a sign of me having some sort of crisis/breakdown.

Fast forward 12 years, we are still together, married seven years this year and have a daughter together. Couldn't be happier, despite me turning 40 later this year.

I'll let you do the maths..

So you were 27 and she was 16? Yeah thats pretty weird tbh.

There were certainly a few eyebrows raised when me and my missus got together, I'm 11 and a half years older; a considerable gap when you take into account our ages at the time. I'd just come out of a long-term relationship and many saw me chasing this younger lassie as a sign of me having some sort of crisis/breakdown.

Fast forward 12 years, we are still together, married seven years this year and have a daughter together. Couldn't be happier, despite me turning 40 later this year.

x = 39 - 11.5 - 12

x = (almost) BEAST

^^^ verge of BEAST

Yeah agreed. Out of order tbh. Was she just finished fourth year or something?

Being 22 and 5 years younger than TS I wouldn't go as low as 16 atm.

Eta: actually getting called a beast by my mates for meeting someone who's just turned 18, 18 is clearly fair game though. :lol:

No wonder it raised a few eyebrows. She'd have been in 4th year. That is beastly. You're maybe not a beast in the eyes of the law but you are to me.

I'm 20 and my girlfriend of 1 year is 19. However at work there is a 40 year old and a 45 year old who, if I was single, I would maybe try ride. Turned the 40 year old down at the works night out. Felt quite proud about receiving the invite to gun her until I found out I was the 3rd of 4 young colleagues she had asked.

No wonder it raised a few eyebrows. She'd have been in 4th year. That is beastly. You're maybe not a beast in the eyes of the law but you are to me. I'm 20 and my girlfriend of 1 year is 19. However at work there is a 40 year old and a 45 year old who, if I was single, I would maybe try ride. Turned the 40 year old down at the works night out. Felt quite proud about receiving the invite to gun her until I found out I was the 3rd of 4 young colleagues she had asked.

Where do you work mate? Any vacancies :whistle

Were you her Maths teacher?

Archived