Weather watch 10th Jan

Grim O'Grady

If I wear my water wings will I be allowed in the deep end? ;)

Grimbo

Interesting to look at the stats on matches postponed so far this season. Broadly pretty positive, but clearly some difficulties at BSC + Vale.

5 home matches postponed

BSC Glasgow

Vale of Leithen

4 home matches postponed

-

3 home matches postponed

Dalbeattie Star

Selkirk

2 home matches postponed

Preston Athletic

1 home match postponed

Edinburgh City

Edinburgh University

Gala Fairydean Rovers

University of Stirling

Whitehill Welfare

No home matches postponed

East Kilbride

Gretna 2008

Spartans

Threave Rovers

Interesting to note today that in the Juniors the game was abandoned at Broxburn which has a 3G pitch because the official ruled he couldn't see the lines after a fall of snow while the games at fairly nearby Linlithgow and Almondvale, where the lines were brushed clear went ahead and finished....

Yes he was inclined to cancel the game. However a few older heads from both camps encouraged him to give a bit more time. To his credit he did and the game went ahead. Well done ref and game was well worth the effort . Score harsh on Preston and well done everyone who made the game possible .

Interesting that you had Kylie McMullen running the line- she did a SPL game last Sunday (Dundee v Ross Co) and didn't put a foot wrong so it wasn't a punishment doing the EK game today- I presume she was available for today's game and fairly local to East Kilbride (and far too good to do a mere Junior game- ha ha!)

post-12982-0-37880700-1420935796_thumb.j

Archived