Rangers v Heart of Midlothian, 05/04/2015 (Match Rescheduled)

People sing songs mocking the opposition every week, inside and outside the ground. So to use that as a justification for violence is absolutely ridiculous, never mind the bricking of buses which had kids on it. Shameful scenes, and no matter how you try to make yourselves feel better, by saying "aww but hearts fans did this", there is absolutely nothing you can say to make it even close to being acceptable.

If I were a Hearts fan, I'd have stayed well away from these idiots and certainly wouldn't have goaded them. A total halfwit would have been able to see that they were in an ugly mood (easy jokes here!). That doesn't excuse the nonsense that went on, but sometimes you have to take a look at whether you've made a potentially dangerous situation worse for yourself. It's not fair and it's totally unacceptable, but don't put yourself in a difficult situation and then be surprised when it all goes wrong for you.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I were a Hearts fan, I'd have stayed well away from these idiots and certainly wouldn't have goaded them. A total halfwit would have been able to see that they were in an ugly mood (easy jokes here!). That doesn't excuse the nonsense that went on, but sometimes you have to take a look at whether you've made a potentially dangerous situation worse for yourself. It's not fair and it's totally unacceptable, but don't put yourself in a difficult situation and then be surprised when it all goes wrong for you.

What was the Police presence like at the Moon-howling steps?

More to the point, what was the police response to the violence?

Inadvisable though it most certainly was - kicking a dog in the balls was an apt analogy, cause/effect-wise - there doesn't appear to be any legal issue with what the jambos were singing. Reacting with physical violence, or even the attempt at such? I'd have thought that was arrestable, if only on BoP grounds.

I agree, I'd have did the same. I would've tried to avoid trouble at all costs, especially under the circumstances. However, it maybe wouldn't be so bad if it was only the idiots who taunted them that were affected, but it wasn't. As I said in an earlier post, the Hearts fans were naive, and of course they were looking for a reaction, but there's no way that merited the reaction that it did from the Rangers fans. In all honesty, I have no idea what they were expecting, I wouldn't be daft enough to put myself in that situation, so I can only look at it for what it is, which is fans singing, and then the opposition fans attacking them, and I would say the same if it was between any other set of fans, or the roles reversed.

Hearts fans were not naive, that is a silly thing to say as they went out their way to confront opposing fans at a time when tensions were running high. They knew what they were doing and they wanted a reaction.

Fannies among our support reacted to the hearts fannies and it all kicked off.

Seems pretty straightforward and I read the other day that the police are checking CCTV footage, so hopefully the wee fannies responsible on both sides get lifted.

Edit for spacing

Awww f**k off bigot. Away and find ONE racist post of mine on Pie and Bovril. There are near 25,000 posts so there must be literally hundreds of them so they shouldn't be too difficult to find

Just pie and Bovril though... Don't look anywhere else....

Hearts fans were not naive, that is a silly thing to say as they went out their way to confront opposing fans at a time when tensions were running high. They knew what they were doing and they wanted a reaction.

Seems pretty straightforward and I read the other day that the police are checking CCTV footage, so hopefully the wee fannies responsible on both sides get lifted.

Edit for spacing

What would be the charge for singing "you let your Club die"?

Edit for spacing

How is it silly to say they were naive? They didn't go in arms swinging, all guns blazing, they stood and sung a song.

Edit for spacing

Singing 'you let your club die' is a crime?

I condemn any sectarian or racist singing - especially by the few eejits who follow my own club - but football banter is not hate. Sorry, but anyone who thinks it's ok to brick buses full of people because of a football joke is almost literally as bad as the Islamists who demand the death penalty - often by stoning funnily enough - for 'mocking' the prophet.

Violence is wrong. End of.

^^Well at least we know who the village idiot is, don't we?

Has there ever been an instance of violence or disorder committed by therangers fans that wasn't provoked and therefore fully justified or blown completely out of proportion? No?

Don't be silly, then they would have to blame themselves. No surrender and all that...

Singing 'you let your club die' is a crime?

I condemn any sectarian or racist singing - especially by the few eejits who follow my own club - but football banter is not hate. Sorry, but anyone who thinks it's ok to brick buses full of people because of a football joke is almost literally as bad as the Islamists who demand the death penalty - often by stoning funnily enough - for 'mocking' the prophet.

Violence is wrong. End of.

You just haven't put words in my mouth, I don't believe I said most of that.

How is it silly to say they were naive? They didn't go in arms swinging, all guns blazing, they stood and sung a song.

They went round to incite trouble, they were not naive and they wanted a reaction.

Archived