Rangers v Heart of Midlothian, 05/04/2015 (Match Rescheduled)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's victim blaming at its very worst. The same train of thought that gives us girls in short skirts deserve to be raped. Fucking vile.

Always thought you were you a guy, suppose I'll have to call you Jemima now.

Misread Jimmy's post doh!!

Always thought you were you a guy, suppose I'll have to call you Jemima now.

Misread Jimmy's post doh!!

Don't worry Benny, it's a common trait of Sevco zombies, to only see what sections of and misinterpret how something reads, what they want or wish to glean from any statement.

Do you know what would be really helpful? A little list of all the things that we aren't allowed to say because it's either sectarian or too hurtful and would therefore justify violence against the author.

Your club died - Spitting and punching ok

Fruit filled pastry jibe - Go to jail

etc.

Particular as they don't care that nobody likes them it can be a bit hard to keep track of what is/is not ok/worthy of an assault.

Do you know what would be really helpful? A little list of all the things that we aren't allowed to say because it's either sectarian or too hurtful and would therefore justify violence against the author.

etc.

Particular as they don't care that nobody likes them it can be a bit hard to keep track of what is/is not ok/worthy of an assault.

Potato soup jokes aren't allowed either........or is that for the other arse cheek?

etc.

It would be easier to list the few things that we are allowed to say , that doesn't offend or upset the poor little teddy bear zombies.

He also said that it was a myth that the man was a genius. He's the best manager I've seen.

I agree that he was a bit of a dick but those personality traits may be have contributed to him being such a great manager.

His record of trophies bears comparison with anyone - no argument there. Given the resources at his disposal, however, that shoudn't be too surprising. Someone mentioned above about his winning the title in his final year with a really poor side - and they were. Why was that? I would have felt sorry for anyone taking over there, never mind a manager who had performed wonders on a relative shoestring at Everton.

Ferguson also, let's not forget, found it necessary to spend a lot of money on top class players who he then couldn't get performances from. Forlan and Veron are obvious ones, but Karel poborsky and Jordi Cruyff are others who wouldn't list their OT time as a career highlight. And that's before you get to the money spunked on Djemba Djemba, Kleberson, Bebe - not many clubs would have had the patience for that kind of mistake.

As to was he the greatest? Well, IMHO he'd have to take his place behind Paisley, Shankly, Revie, Clough/Taylor, and probably Stein. To win the European Cup is an achievement. To win it with a team from a smaller country with home-grown players is a much bigger one. To win it with two "provincial" teams is something I don't believe I'll see any other manager or managerial team achieve.

Oh, and Ferguson is a deeply unpleasant, arrogant man. There are so many reasons to dislike him. Just look where he finished his playing career. ;)

Just for the record. If you want to behave like an arsehole on P&B condoning violence as a justifiable reason in response to a few songs sung at your knuckledragging support, you will be treated like an arsehole and get no sympathy.

I can see that No.8 is not one of the Je Suis Charlie brigade. The Hearts fans obviously deserved machine-gunning by a bunch of religiously-inspired (this time it's Christian and Protestant) neds for joking about Rangers' woes. If only those Muslamics had a fitba team - maybe The Rangers could volunteer if they survive Jan's payday?

His record of trophies bears comparison with anyone - no argument there. Given the resources at his disposal, however, that shoudn't be too surprising. Someone mentioned above about his winning the title in his final year with a really poor side - and they were. Why was that? I would have felt sorry for anyone taking over there, never mind a manager who had performed wonders on a relative shoestring at Everton.

Ferguson also, let's not forget, found it necessary to spend a lot of money on top class players who he then couldn't get performances from. Forlan and Veron are obvious ones, but Karel poborsky and Jordi Cruyff are others who wouldn't list their OT time as a career highlight. And that's before you get to the money spunked on Djemba Djemba, Kleberson, Bebe - not many clubs would have had the patience for that kind of mistake.

As to was he the greatest? Well, IMHO he'd have to take his place behind Paisley, Shankly, Revie, Clough/Taylor, and probably Stein. To win the European Cup is an achievement. To win it with a team from a smaller country with home-grown players is a much bigger one. To win it with two "provincial" teams is something I don't believe I'll see any other manager or managerial team achieve.

Oh, and Ferguson is a deeply unpleasant, arrogant man. There are so many reasons to dislike him. Just look where he finished his playing career. ;)

Inter Milan were indeed from a bigger country but their team was all "home grown" too.

The Dons side which won the ECWC was home grown too, in the sense they were all Scotsmen.

I would put Ferguson behind Stein, then in front of the others you mention, with Clough and Taylor in third spot.

Inter Milan were indeed from a bigger country but their team was all "home grown" too.

The Dons side which won the ECWC was home grown too, in the sense they were all Scotsmen.

I would put Ferguson behind Stein, then in front of the others you mention, with Clough and Taylor in third spot.

I think you'd have to admit that beating that Inter team was an incredible result - having said that, it wasn't exactly a pub team that the Dons turned over in Gothenburg. ;)

FWIW, I've always rated that ECWC win as just as remarkable an achievement as celtic's EC victory. Stein's main justification for being up there with the best is the string of domestic trophies he won at a time when there were more competitors than their blue cousins - including a fairly decent Killie vintage!

I still feel Clough and Taylor's achievement is way out in front, but Paisley took what Shankly left and built on it. For that, he's my choice. Oh, and for swapping Dalglish for Keegan and getting 60k change - best bit of transfer dealing ever.

Revie, like Ferguson, was an unpleasant man who forged an unpleasant, yet very effective team - one which contributed hugely to Scotland's International fortunes of the 70's.

Stein's main justification for being up there with the best is the string of domestic trophies he won at a time when there were more competitors than their blue cousins - including a fairly decent Killie vintage!

Killie were Champions the season Stein took over at Parkhead, and were never serious title contenders again during the 9 in a row. They were relegated in 1972/73. Celtic's main challengers during the 9 in a row run were Rangers, notwithstanding the Dons being runners up twice, once very close, once by a fair distance,and Hibs runners up once.

In the Scottish Cup, only Dunfermline and Aberdeen won it during the 9 in a row years. (Apart from Rangers.)

League Cup? Partick, Hibs and Dundee lifted it.

Kilmarnock never made a final in either, and their best league finish was third in 1965/66. I think you'll have to take off your blue and white striped specs! (Not taking anything away from Killie's European exploits.)

I was once called a "yam" by Doyle on here.......does that give me the right to give him a good old fashioned kick in?

You've called my worse baby x :(

Yep and smash his caravan... sorry bus windows.

I've got a boat m9.

No but his new football boots do! ;)

:lol:

Archived