Motherwell v Kilmarnock

I'm not confident of a result for us, but with away trips to Parkhead and Tannadice following this fixture where we are going to get nothing but humped from in both then I'd much rather Saturday's game against Killie went ahead as we at least have a semblence of a chance to get some sort of result from this one. Should it be called off then it will effectively have the same effect as a defeat would as this is a game that we badly need a result from ahead of the next run of fixtures.

I agree a win against Killie (although not likely created about two chances in Dundee piss poor) hopefully would slightly improve our chances against the **** and the tangerines

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At Fir Park just now, weather is fine, roads around the place are a bit dodgy with snow and ice. Game would go ahead no bother though if it was to be played just now. However looking at the forecast for overnight it might be a late call tomorrow - I'm kinda hoping the snow pelts down tonight and it's an easy decision in the morning..

Hopefully the Fir Park mud bobble will strike again. My second favourite goal of last season was wee Slater's last minute winner at Fir Park taking that tiny bounce over the keeper's glove. Stuart McColl moaning about it was priceless, however, if you didn't want mud in the penalty area then you should have said something about them drenching that goal-line with water for most of half-time.

With away trips to United and Celtic coming up I fail to see how this call off is a good thing for Motherwell just now. As I said earlier in the thread this was our best chance of picking up points anytime soon. And it's yet another postponement due to an issue with the stadium which has long been a major albatross around our necks and a continual source of embarrassment to us as we seem to get a home match called off or abandoned at least once a season due to issues with the ground, be it the pitch, the drainage, the floodlights, failed under soil heating, structural damage etc. It's never ending.

Archived