Alan Forrest v Our bitches

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most entertaining part of the match was the histrionics between fans. Duffy needs to have a long, hard look at himself - still can't set up the team properly, still can't make substitutions effectively and STILL starts Joe McKee.

Ayr had pressure and some half-chances in the second half as well. Given the despicable goal we conceded and a shabby second half display, I don't think we deserved three points.

We must improve, and we should start by dropping clowns like Adam and McKee for Gaston and Pepper, putting O'Ware in his effective, kinda third centre-back/central midfield role alongside Pepper.

Sanddancers like the McCluskeys and McKee aren't welcome in any credible title-chasing side at this level.

Ayr had pressure and some half-chances in the second half as well. Given the despicable goal we conceded and a shabby second half display, I don't think we deserved three points.

We must improve, and we should start by dropping clowns like Adam and McKee for Gaston and Pepper, putting O'Ware in his effective, kinda third centre-back/central midfield role alongside Pepper.

Sanddancers like the McCluskeys and McKee aren't welcome in any credible title-chasing side at this level.

But fine for Morton though. :P

1/9 points from Ayr this season is unacceptable.

Pretty well sums it up. Struggling Ayr are doing our legs in this league. WTF is the matter with Pepper that he isn't starting ? He has to be carrying an injury or Duffy has a death wish.

Proper league one goals for both teams today

Morton were alright until we scored and then returned to the normal football version of abortion that they have produced every time we have seen them this season

I was quite liking Devlin's marauding centre back role today but if he is going to play in there maybe flying down the wing should be reeled in a bit :lol:

Ssshh. Jamie I mean d (.Y.)b will be after you.

Most entertaining part of the match was the histrionics between fans. Duffy needs to have a long, hard look at himself - still can't set up the team properly, still can't make substitutions effectively and STILL starts Joe McKee.

This. I'd like to see:

Gaston

Russell

Miller

Oware

Kilday

Forbes

Pepper

New

New

Peaso

Caldwell

Don't think we'll bring in a centre mid and a right mid and even if we do I'm not convinced Duffy will play them in their natural positions.

Erm yes: thanks for highlighting for us league placings that Ayr United could only dream of achieving: though of course six of those seasons fall under that category. A club that hasn't managed to get out of the seaside leagues without being promptly relegated back to their natural level. An entire decade spent living in our long, cold, dark shadow.

Just let that sink in.

ainsley-harriott-02.gif

esf8wdi.jpg

O'Ware isn't really a midfielder but playing him there in this hoof and hope league gives us the physical presence to win the ball in midfield that none of the rest can provide. It puts a fairly skilful centre-back and attacking threat in midfield, which at this level adds a lot to the side, given the number of launched second balls in a match.

O'Ware and Pepper is the best pair in the squad by a country mile; if we land Tidser, Pepper could play right and finally end a McCluskey spot in the side.

It's fairly straightforward stuff

Peaso should be scoring those other 2 chances & O'Ware had to score that header. We should've won this game comfortably.

O'Ware had a much better chance with a free header than that about 5 mins before the one they show which he put wide. Absolute sitter.

esf8wdi.jpg

lol wut

You drew champ. Reinforcing your miserable, relegation haunted status in the process, establishing just two (2) points won in your last ten matches, and - if there was any doubt - yet another season dwelling in our long, cold etc. shadow.

A proud moment then, clearly. :lol:

Looks like Grant Adam showing his major weakness again, which is his over eagerness to get involved with crossballs into his box. He always did a good job for Airdrie, but I always had a heart attack when I saw him charging out to claim a cross that there was just no need to.

I think that's partly a result of him always being on short term contracts though. If you've only got a few games to prove yourself you're going to want to get involved as much as possible and impress by 'commanding your box', even when there is no need to.

It was pretty much the opposite of that for the goal: a decent header expecting a flick-on aimed at goal, which that diddy stood and allowed to sail over his head. Given the lack of pace on the ball any competent goalkeeper would have made their goalline and at worst touched it over for the corner. He did nothing.

This isn't the first error and he is quite simply a complete and utter diddy. Gaston hasn't always been convincing this season but he's Manuel Neuer compared to that clown; our defence certainly can't deal with another suspect individual behind them.

lol wut

You drew champ. Reinforcing your miserable, relegation haunted status in the process, establishing just two (2) points won in your last ten matches, and - if there was any doubt - yet another season dwelling in our long, cold etc. shadow.

A proud moment then, clearly. :lol:

Thank you for perfectly demonstrating how to swing and miss

Based on what I've seen thus far and assuming we sign nobody else I'd like to see this line up.

____________________________________Gaston____________________________________

Kilday_____________________Miller_________________O'Ware____________________Lamie

McCluskey_________________Pepper_______________Forbes____________________Russell

___________________________Peaso____________Caldwell___________________________

Basically all I want to see is players played in their natural position and as much balance given to the side as possible.

I don't particularly like the idea of Lamie at full back but Russell is much better suited to an attacking role. Ideally, we get Tidser back to take Forbes' place (who looked ok today to be fair to him).

Archived