Scrambling for Relevance

People generalising entire fanbases for one, and The King with his "people who don't know what rock music is"

It's almost as if people don't quite understand objectivity.

Think most are only taking the piss. Id imagine theres at least a handful of Oasis fans out there who arent 100% dense.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People generalising entire fanbases for one, and The King with his "people who don't know what rock music is"

It's almost as if people don't quite understand objectivity.

The theory of Objectivity regarding Osais fans thinking its rock music , dies on its arse when they refer to it as "rock music"

The theory of Objectivity regarding Osais fans thinking its rock music , dies on its arse when they refer to it as "rock music"

I couldn't give a f**k about what genre Oasis are, I like a lot of there songs, I don't particularly like or dislike the brothers though.

Its awfully easy for folk to say this about oasis but in reality - they came along at a time there was a gap in the market and got in at the right time because of their image

Nowadays music isn't about image its about the enjoyment of music, folk have smart phone and social media and so many different sources to get their music from that you can't get a breakthrough artist like that anymore

When Arctic Monkeys came through in 2005 they did it at a time when myspace came out, that may not have been what made them but it was at a time when you could get people to listen to music for free and while I'm not saying they were the first artist to give their music out for nothing they were the breakthrough act that defined that generation of music and thats what we are left with today.

I can't see a band coming through nowadays that will bring the country to an obsession like that for a while now as we have the option to not listen where as back then we had radio 1 and NME and not a lot else

There's one guarantee about anyone who uses the expression "rock for people who don't like rock" or even better "music for people who do to like music". And that is that they always have utterly atrocious taste them-self.

It's been discussed a few times on here and when pressed the people who supposedly like "real music" usually like heavy metal.

The guy from Kasabian, now there's someone scrambling for relevance. Came out and slagged My Chemical Romance one time for ruining music then actually apologised months later because he was on a flight with them and they'd read his comments.

Could well be an example of keyboard bravado but shit scared it in a face to face situation.

The guy from Kasabian, now there's someone scrambling for relevance. Came out and slagged My Chemical Romance one time for ruining music then actually apologised months later because he was on a flight with them and they'd read his comments. And that "London is full of c***s" backdrop at the Hydro right after the indyref that he immediately backtracked on when he realised he had to play London a few nights later.

Kasabian are awful. Always have been.

Whos your favourite rock band?

Indie, Britpop or Rock and Roll it's all pretty derived from the same thing.

Good point about Oasis filling a void and being at the right place at the right time. There's no doubt that Noel has talent but they were totally overrated - even compared to the Beatles at one stage. If the Stone Roses didn't fall out with their label then who knows, doubt they would have made such an impact.

It's been discussed a few times on here and when pressed the people who supposedly like "real music" usually like heavy metal.

Hit the nail on the head here. It's either that or someone who says that queen is the greatest thing ever, despite their knowledge of them coming entirely from 2 greatest hits CDs.

D.A.F.C, on 15 Jan 2015 - 08:35, said:

Indie, Britpop or Rock and Roll it's all pretty derived from the same thing.

Good point about Oasis filling a void and being at the right place at the right time.

I'd say throbber's entire post on that was pretty much spot on.

Oh, going back to that "real music" thing. That's not something that's reserved for heavy metal fans. Hardcore and elitist fans of ANY genre of music are the ones who tend to be the worst for it.

I'd say throbber's entire post on that was pretty much spot on.

Oh, going back to that "real music" thing. That's not something that's reserved for heavy metal fans. Hardcore and elitist fans of ANY genre of music are the ones who tend to be the worst for it.

It was one of the old black blues players who said " never criticise another mans music "

Pretty sound advice imo!

Archived