County v Maureens 17/1/15 - how many points are at stake really?

Woods is a better player than he is playing just now. He isn't great at putting the foot in when it is needed.

I'd rather have Rocco Quinn, who might not complete as many passes but who takes a lot more responsibility.

The team is crying out for a playmaker so bad.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what we're missing, one really standout player, not one in the squad today, Carey should have been it, tried but wasn't. Is it strange that our one hope to me is Tony Dingwall? A handful of games but the only one I can see that could have changed our game today.

Carey drifted in and out of the game, that was the kind of performance we became used to from when he was with us. Thought he was going to score that free kick !

It's the ref I feel sorry for. He clearly didn't see it and so went on the word of his 4th official in good faith that he certainly had a good view of it. He'll be looking at the highlights this morning and thinking 'that stupid c**t is going to get me hauled in front of an appeals panel for that!'

It should be the 4th official who is carpeted, not the referee.

Correct

What was the 4th official getting involved anyway

The ref saw the foul and gave it

It wasn't an off the ball incident that the ref missed

Anyone got a link for the highlights? I didn't think they were released until 1800 on Sunday.

The Youtube ones are available to people abroad from about 10pm on Saturdays. (Amazingly they can get a highlights package cut and commentated on in that time despite what the BBC wants to say!)

http://www.youtubeunblocker.org/permalink.php?url=d5D4zsG3n1yrwOe1CfU%2FGgpOMVqlAOKvGJhJyUWKE08ayqbTFq0uzem%2FouELwSIWRa9dQPNGN7Y4Uj8WHLw1Lg%3D%3D

I'm of this mindset, but the chance -however small it is - to beat Sevco and keep them down would be worth finishing 11th for.

f**k, gave this a red by accident. Whoever does finish 11th better pump those bigot p***ks! :thumsup2

Whilst I don't think it was a red card, the angle from behind the goal gives the SFA a bit of wriggle room I think.

Given all we have done is criticise referees recently, and had McLean's rescinded, I can see the SFA rejecting the appeal.

It might be worth doing it though just to have him available for Wednesday night.

I'm not even sure it was a foul. The big 43 barged into Arquin after the ball was away making it a 50/50, at worst I think Arquin might have stood on his toe.

It looks like the referee says 'for what?' into his microphone. Not that that makes any difference I suppose as it's clear he wasn't even going to book him, so so mustn't have seen anything.

I would be surprised if that isn't over turned. Thompson's one against Motherwell I think probably was a red card, McLean got involved against Kilmarnock when he shouldn't have, so even though I disagreed with the decision I could see why it was given. This decision just seems ludicrous, as I said, I don't even think it's a foul.

Whilst I don't think it was a red card, the angle from behind the goal gives the SFA a bit of wriggle room I think.

Given all we have done is criticise referees recently, and had McLean's rescinded, I can see the SFA rejecting the appeal.

It might be worth doing it though just to have him available for Wednesday night.

I'd say so, the likelihood is that we'll have another centre forward in by Saturday given that it's no secret we're looking at more, so even if the appeal is rejected it might not just be as devastating, but it's vital that he's available for Wednesday.

Correct

What was the 4th official getting involved anyway

The ref saw the foul and gave it

It wasn't an off the ball incident that the ref missed

The ref actually gave a throw in.

Are 4th officials not supposed to handle off field stuff rather than make decisions about the actual football?

Are 4th officials not supposed to handle off field stuff rather than make decisions about the actual football?

I'm assuming the linesman flagged for a throw before the challenge. Did the game restart with a throw in or a free kick?

Having just watched the highlights I have no idea why the red card was given. I really hope that we're appealing this one, Teale did not look happy with the 4th official at all! Who was the 4th official out of interest? Was it Eddie Smith by any chance? :P

I certainly didn't think they were there to be another set of eyes, I'm sure I've commented many a time that the 4th official has had a good view of an incident (in games across a wide spectrum) and could have intervened only to be told that there's nothing he can do to influence the ref, he's there to keep the benches in control and to assist the referee in off-field matters such as controlling the number of subs warming up at a given time and board duties.

I think we have good cause to judge the refs recently

Of course we have, but it won't make us popular.

Apparently officials, and I'm sure this goes all the way to the top, are robots and judge each and every incident on its own merits.

Popularity or otherwise will surely have nothing to do with it :D!

Apparently officials, and I'm sure this goes all the way to the top, are robots and judge each and every incident on its own merits.

Popularity or otherwise will surely have nothing to do with it :D!

To be honest, nobody is having a go at the ref, it's the no mark 4th officials decision to needlessly get involved that is the problem, and the ref is probably raging about that right now as well, but what else could he do?

It's not like the Collum incidents where one of the golden boys is making a c**t of themselves.

To be honest, nobody is having a go at the ref, it's the no mark 4th officials decision to needlessly get involved that is the problem, and the ref is probably raging about that right now as well, but what else could he do?

It's not like the Collum incidents where one of the golden boys is making a c**t of themselves.

Indeed. And as a ref this guy doesn't seem to even get Championship games let alone Premiership ones.

Maybe he doesn't know what the 4th official's remit is?

Archived