County v Maureens 17/1/15 - how many points are at stake really?

We have already accepted the inevitable, so there's no need to worry about things like this. It's like Evey in V for vandetta; we've already accepted our fate, so now we are truly free.

Spelling aside, that's a cracking mantra for us for the rest of the season. Let's just enjoy the Premiership while it lasts...

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spelling aside, that's a cracking mantra for us for the rest of the season. Let's just enjoy the Premiership while it lasts...

Pretty sure it automatically changes vandetta to vandetta on here. It's the P&B way.

Edit: ^^^ Yep

If I could refer you to the St. Mirren vs Dundee match thread you will see my rationale for my statement.

If you can't be arsed the short version is there was enough in the challenge that I felt the panel would circle the wagons and back their referee as they often do mixed with my usual level of (99%*) successful buddie baiting.

*percentage based on number of saints fans that have trawled back to find my post and re-quote it across multiple threads.

RATTLED.AS.f**k.

If I could refer you to the St. Mirren vs Dundee match thread you will see my rationale for my statement. If you can't be arsed the short version is there was enough in the challenge that I felt the panel would circle the wagons and back their referee as they often do mixed with my usual level of (99%*) successful buddie baiting.*percentage based on number of saints fans that have trawled back to find my post and re-quote it across multiple threads.RATTLED.AS.f**k.

I'd quite literally never heard of you before your nightmare in this thread. But aye, ok :lol:

I'd quite literally never heard of you before your nightmare in this thread. But aye, ok :lol:

Have you heard of your £50 charity bet though Lex?

If stating an opinion and subsequently quantifying it is "having a nightmare" then I'm guilty as charged.

I'd more class "having a nightmare" as making charity bets which you then refuse to acknowledge when it's clear you are losing, or perhaps haunting a teams threads until it becomes clear they are infinitely better then going into hiding.

That's probably just me having another nightmare though ;)

St. Mirren to finish above Dundee. Biggie (hopefully you have heard of him - his opinion is pointless otherwise) has been seeking acknowledgement for some time I believe.

Has he been? I believe there's a thread about the charity bets. Thanks for the update though.

Another moment of glory for Bobby F. I hope he makes it count.

Those in charge of running Scottish football are at long last listening to the voice of reason that is Bobby_F.

Stands in front of board with sponsors logos pasted all over it, and adopts whiney Steven Gerrard voice...

"Yer, happy with the outcome, but yer know it's not about me, just happy that the team's got the right result... at the end of the day."

Anyway, very happy that this was reduced to a yellow.

Probably can justify a yellow, but a red for that really was a very poor decision, and I'm glad we're not going to be punished any more than we have been already.

I do feel sorry for the ref, but I hope some action is being taken against the 4th official.

Really poor decision, especially when you've got to imagine that given how rarely you see a 4th official get involved in this way they'd need to be pretty damned sure before they make such a crucial intervention.

Oh, there's so many of these.

:lol: :lol:

Still looks a red to me tbh. Funny seeing all the St Mirren fans who usually rip into officials now using the same peoples opinions as being correct

:lol: Like a dog with a bone.

Deflection? What about the actual point? :P

Still looks a red to me tbh. Funny seeing all the St Mirren fans who usually rip into officials now using the same peoples opinions as being correct

This. the hypocrisy seems to be lost on these St. Mirren fans. Careful though - judging by your post there you are currently "having a nightmare"

I'm trying to understand this. My take-

Referee and assistant signalled ball was out of play for a throw in before Arquin made challenge.

I suspect the ref/4th official told him it was serious foul play and they dismissed him for that. However, you can't be sent off for serious foul play if the ball is out of play, it should be violent conduct.

The ref has therefore made an error and under appeal they didn't deem it serious enough for violent conduct thus he was downgraded to yellow?

I'm trying to understand this. My take-

Referee and assistant signalled ball was out of play for a throw in before Arquin made challenge.

I suspect the ref/4th official told him it was serious foul play and they dismissed him for that. However, you can't be sent off for serious foul play if the ball is out of play, it should be violent conduct.

The ref has therefore made an error and under appeal they didn't deem it serious enough for violent conduct thus he was downgraded to yellow?

Is that scenario one you think likely, or is that what you've read?

Is there an official release saying why the appeal was upheld?

I don't actually ever remember the panel explaining their decisions, but I have never looked before?

Is that scenario one you think likely, or is that what you've read?

Is there an official release saying why the appeal was upheld?

I don't actually ever remember the panel explaining their decisions, but I have never looked before?

Seen some suggestion on twitter that it was the wrong charge. That scenario is just the most plausible I could think of.

Archived