Australian Open Tennis

lichtie23

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A but gutted Federer went out as I wanted Murray to take him apart. If Bollelli can take a set from Federer you know he isn't playing well. Seppi's forehand was as good as it has ever been. Seppi was able to pick out passing winners numerous times when Federer was charging the net. Last season the tactic was surprising, but he doesn't pick and choose very well, Seppi knew he was coming forward to pick him off. Federer won 29/50 points at the net.

I didn't watch any of the Murray match due to the Seppi-Federer match. But apart from one lapse in serve when the shadowing from the sun occurred he was pretty solid. Baghdatis takes two sets off Dimitrov as well, he also had a medical timeout, so hoping he will be a wee bit tired for the 4th Round match. Murray to take vengeance for his Wimbledon defeat.

Without wanting to tempt fate, Murray is the form player in the bottom half of the draw and I don't see anyone in that half taking 3 sets off him tbh. Murray-Djokovic final for the 3rd time IMO

Without wanting to tempt fate, Murray is the form player in the bottom half of the draw and I don't see anyone in that half taking 3 sets off him tbh. Murray-Djokovic final for the 3rd time IMO

I'd be agreeing with that. Apart from a slight wobble, which anyone can have. He's basically breezed through his matches, in pretty imperious form. He's definitely not a player anyone wants to be facing right about now, whilst Dimitrov is a cracking player unless he plays out his skin and finds some real form. He'll hopefully be swatted aside.

It's very much looking like a Murray vs Djokovic final. How that goes is anyone's guess, both playing well, both love the courts, I'd say between now and the final if it is that pair, whoever plays the least will win. Also Murray would get an extra days rest which if it comes to it and the arenas get even hotter would play a huge role potentially. Anyway it's all ifs and buts right now.

Agree with much of whats said however 3 things spring to mind. 1 This is not knew for Nadal, ie in slams, french exception, he regularly has some 5 set blips early in tournie, eg wimbledon 2010 or 2011 he had 2 five setters in earlier rounds. He is the ultimate competitor and murray will have to be at absolute best to take him out

2. Dimitrov gave murray a tennis lesson at Wimbledon last yr. Grass is murrays best surface, yes he may not have been 100% but he had breezed through earlier rounds. Do not count this man out.

3. Kyrigous. . Home fav, took nadal out of wimbledon last yr.. playing with a lot of confidence. .. tough!

And berdych still floating around. . Very erratic, tsonga like, but when on fire.. devastating. . Ala wimbledon 2010

Archived