St Johnstone v Aberdeen, 23/1/15

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm utterly stunned to see that we are 5 points better off than at the same stage last year.

I enjoyed last seasons league performances much more than I have so far this year.

Have to agree, although I'd also say that I enjoyed our performances last season much more than our performances in our 3rd-place season when Lomas was in charge.

Have to agree, although I'd also say that I enjoyed our performances last season much more than our performances in our 3rd-place season when Lomas was in charge.

This. I have nothing good to say about Steve Lomas whatsoever.

1325795244_angry_face.gif

He was. His extra curricular activities didn't please many people.

Did he not take the team to 'Marbs' for a long weekend during the season, where they spent the whole time pished?

Indeed. He took them away pre-split. Post-split, we lost all 5 matches and barely looked like a football team.

Lomas built a very effective team for there and then, whereas I think Wright is trying to put a structure into place for our longer term benefit.

Both are good managers IMO, but Wright is an infinitely nicer person.

He was a great manager, but maybe a shite guy too. Better manager than Tommy ever will be imo.

Lomas is incredibly untested though, he also had a bigger wage budget

Its only a matter of time before Wright adopts the Levein 4-6-0 tactic....

Not really, striker is the only position we actually have a full contingent of players in!

Lomas was a terrible man manager. The players clearly had no respect for him, we were ill-disciplined on and off the pitch (the latter only really applies to Derek Riordan) and we went through an awful run of form during which many supporters were expecting and hoping for Lomas to be sacked. We were playing terribly, Lomas was becoming increasingly awful at post-match interviews (''We may have lost, but they're an honest bunch of lads..'') and, of course, there was the incident involving our receptionist. Allegedly. We soon became accustomed to nervy pre-match and post-match interviews from Lomas, during which he would constantly look over his shoulder every 10 seconds in a seemingly paranoid state, perhaps fearing that Ross Cunningham was setting a trap whilst the police crept up behind him and arrested him for sexual misdemeanours.

Added to this, there were reports that he was regularly going out in Perth and getting drunk throughout his tenure. I can say for sure that I also saw at least a couple of our players out on the town in Dundee every single week whilst Lomas was in charge. This was in the middle of the week as well, and they were most definitely under the influence of alcoholic beverages. It was very disappointing.

However, Steve Brown stuck with him and it proved to be one of his best decisions as chairman so far. Steve Lomas deserves credit for the remarkable way in which our fortunes turned for the better. Nobody can argue with a 3rd place finish and European qualification. However, with everything that had gone on earlier in the season, there was a still a wee bit of a bitter aftertaste and I doubt that many people (including the players) were too disappointed when Lomas opted to leave.

Lomas was a terrible man manager. The players clearly had no respect for him, we were ill-disciplined on and off the pitch (the latter only really applies to Derek Riordan) and we went through an awful run of form during which many supporters were expecting and hoping for Lomas to be sacked. We were playing terribly, Lomas was becoming increasingly awful at post-match interviews (''We may have lost, but they're an honest bunch of lads..'') and, of course, there was the incident involving our receptionist. Allegedly. We soon became accustomed to nervy pre-match and post-match interviews from Lomas, during which he would constantly look over his shoulder every 10 seconds in a seemingly paranoid state, perhaps fearing that Ross Cunningham was setting a trap whilst the police crept up behind him and arrested him for sexual misdemeanours.

Added to this, there were reports that he was regularly going out in Perth and getting drunk throughout his tenure. I can say for sure that I also saw at least a couple of our players out on the town in Dundee every single week whilst Lomas was in charge. This was in the middle of the week as well, and they were most definitely under the influence of alcoholic beverages. It was very disappointing.

However, Steve Brown stuck with him and it proved to be one of his best decisions as chairman so far. Steve Lomas deserves credit for the remarkable way in which our fortunes turned for the better. Nobody can argue with a 3rd place finish and European qualification. However, with everything that had gone on earlier in the season, there was a still a wee bit of a bitter aftertaste and I doubt that many people (including the players) were too disappointed when Lomas opted to leave.

^^^^^^St Johnstones best poster imo

Aye he was an utter pillock of a man. I can't believe he lasted so long under Brown, he was a walking PR disaster if he wasn't feeling up staff (probably both sexes) he was rimming the Ibrox loyal. In fact if ever there was a team that deserved such an arsehole as a manager it's then. I've no doubt he'll have sent a CV in already, promising to get pished in the Louden when they win and sing the sash, load and proud. Probably while waving his tadger about pretending it's superman with a Union Jack cape!

Archived