Student trapped in Groundhog Day for 8 years

I coincidentally had 'half' a seizure (by that I mean a 'creepy dizzy spell') about an hour ago and everything is still too deja-vu-ey for comfort. I came on here and felt like I'd read all the replies (which I was away for and couldn't possibly have) already. I even feel that I'm just repeating myself by typing this. If I turn on the news then nothing will come as a surprise, just like the guy in the OP's link would feel. If he has genuinely felt like I'm feeling right now for 8 years then well played to him for coping with it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah young Peter, do you like novels? The latest Peter May one is a good read. Quite interesting insights into how young people view old people within a very good and entertaining story line.

There are, of course, more classic examples of literature that deal with the same subject but best to stick with something that's not too intellectually challenging.

24ysm00.jpg

It's actually very interesting regarding the link between De-Ja-Vu and epilepsy. Some think that a De-Ja-Vu episode is a very minor seizure, and that near enough everyone experiences it at some point in their life. I get bouts of De-Ja-Vu quite frequently, although I can maybe attribute this to my liking of sticking to routines.

I get bouts of De-Ja-Vu quite frequently, although I can maybe attribute this to my liking of sticking to routines.

Me too, usually have moments and in the moment I say to myself what happens next, and it usually does. Dunno if I'm just mental and imagining it or not but it's creepy as feck.

Ah young Peter, do you like novels? The latest Peter May one is a good read. Quite interesting insights into how young people view old people within a very good and entertaining story line.

There are, of course, more classic examples of literature that deal with the same subject but best to stick with something that's not too intellectually challenging.

#shotsfired

Had a long discussion the other night with a chum and we agreed that the only decent rom-com ever made was Groundhog Day.

Are there any others I don't know about?

Could you class eternal sunshine of the spotless mind a Rom-Com? Has it's comical moments, alongside some twisted ones also.

Had a long discussion the other night with a chum and we agreed that the only decent rom-com ever made was Groundhog Day.

Are there any others I don't know about?

50 First Dates with Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler. Rom-com with much the same basis - loss of memory means every day starts from the same point.

The problem I have here is people suggesting chick-flicks that turn out to be bollocks.

Sat and watch About Time with my sort-of girlfriend recently. It's actually "alright" although not the kind of film you'd sit around watching with your chums with a swedge of beer.

The problem I have here is people suggesting chick-flicks that turn out to be bollocks.

Sat and watch About Time with my sort-of girlfriend recently. It's actually "alright" although not the kind of film you'd sit around watching with your chums with a swedge of beer.

Who the heck watches films while drinking with their mates? :blink:

Archived