Dundee FC Vs Hamilton Academical

Deeboy, on 01 Feb 2015 - 17:03, said:

It's quite unnerving that Hartley keeps talking up this prospect.

I've not seen him doing this much! Thought he was declaring the opposite by stating that it's good that we've got him here for the future and that's the type of quality he wants at the club.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deeboy, on 01 Feb 2015 - 17:10, said:Deeboy, on 01 Feb 2015 - 17:10, said:

Today's paper has him saying there will be big clubs watching on and he doesn't blame them, any bid made would have to be looked at etc.

Ah right, not seen today's paper yet!

I was pleased to see Wighton get a good twenty minutes and thought he was good when he had the ball at his feet but it didn't really suit the game as the ball was in the air for the vast majority. Thought Bain was excellent and pulled us out of the shit on several occasions. Irvine was committed and professional, he had a decent game. I was not impressed with gadzalov at all, he kept getting far too tight with scotland and was dominated every time.

I think it's about time Hartley explains why he keeps starting Clarkson. It has to be something to do with training or off field issues because we play much much better with Tank as the target / hold up man rather than Clarkson who was absolutely stinking yesterday.

Oh and Imrie.... What a dick, if one of ours did that I'd be fuckin bylin!

I know you like to say the opposite from myself but he kept on crossing ball in taking on the left back who Hamilton fans have rightly said had a mare. Reason being he took him put the ball in, problem was we didnt have players gambling apart from mccalister for running into the box.

The subs who came on did not a lot.

Hello again ludo is nice to hear from you, one day you will agree with me, but until then ( been an emotional 8 year or so here with you) have a good evening

Thought the tank played well when he came on.

Seems a lot more confident holding the ball up and running with it. Far more effective than Clarkson.

What's your problem with Harkins? He is by far our most creative player and was a big miss yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril mobile app

G_Man1985, on 01 Feb 2015 - 17:59, said:

I know you like to say the opposite from myself but he kept on crossing ball in taking on the left back who Hamilton fans have rightly said had a mare. Reason being he kept putting the ball in the box, problem was we didnt have players gambling apart from mccalister for running into the box.

The subs who came on did not a lot.

Hello again ludo is nice to hear from you, one day you will agree with me, but until then ( been an emotional 8 year or so here with you) have a good evening

What the f**k are you slavering about?

'Emotional' :lol:

I like harkins in small doses. Just think theres times rather trying to take on three boys there's a basic pass he could do, which leads us to lose the ball and our defence is bad enough without players losing the ball quite easy. There is no point me going on about him tackling because he does very little of it.

Tank I was hoping would start ahead of Clarkson. Dont think he had a shot at goal at all when he came on as our striker.

I can remember one shot at goal he had but his hold up play and bringing others into the game was good.

Harkins is an attacking midfielder it is not his job to be making a lot of tackles. It his job to create chances and that is something he is very good at and something we were distinctly lacking yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Another great strike from Stewart, think you guys will do well to hang onto him this summer At least with him signing a new contract you should get a decent wedge if he goes.

2 mill plus add-ons and he will be away. Any less and I will personally put my size 10 Timbys in John Nelms groin area.

Wouldn't be surprised to hear teams from down south are having a look at Stewart. Think he'd be better off staying at Dens for at least another full season after this one though before he goes anywhere. Still only been in full time football for 6 months!

Wouldn't be surprised to hear teams from down south are having a look at Stewart. Think he'd be better off staying at Dens for at least another full season after this one though before he goes anywhere. Still only been in full time football for 6 months!

Where would you expect interest to come from? League 1, Championship? I think he's been brilliant this season but agree he should stay at Dundee for another season.

Apart from being our best midfielder, not much.

You mean apart from McGowan - a real inspiration in talking, ball winning, dribbling and bringing in players around him

or McAlister who covers the pitch with his endless running, hassling, driving runs into the box (scored and won penalty recently)

or Harkins, our main creative talent,

or Stewart, our main goal scorer plus plus

or Davidson, gets tackles in, wins headers, helps out in attack and defence and covers ground far better than Thomson.

Wasn't at game last week but noted comment that Thomson was outstanding. Only time seen in highlights is him giving ball away cheaply. Can't see how you can think he is better than any of the above.

Where would you expect interest to come from? League 1, Championship? I think he's been brilliant this season but agree he should stay at Dundee for another season.

Probably the Championship. Lower to mid-table team. He's having an unbelievable season. To score as many goals as he has when he has played most of the season on the left is very impressive.

McGowan >>>>>>>>>> Thomson.

Just a shame about his off field activities.

I actually agree to an extent. Thomson has obvious quality, although I think injuries have taken their toll over the years. I think McGowan is a more effective all round midfielder, but not much greater like you have suggested.

Archived