Motherwell vs St Johnstone

As I posted on Steel men Online - you sir are in the minority. It was NEVER an intentional foul. That is perfectly clear and yet Gollum got his red card out quicker than a whoors knickers. He is an appalling referee. An abomination. He should be chucked into the junior leagues.

This. How the f**k can anyone say Collum had a good game is beyond me. Davidson's elbow was used more than a wanking fiddler throughout the match and got off with it.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was NEVER an intentional foul. That is perfectly clear and yet Gollum got his red card out quicker than a whoors knickers. He is an appalling referee.

Yes a very harsh decision - more of collision. I suppose it was a case of whoever went down first was going to win the foul.

We started off very poorly and Saints deservedly went in at the break a goal to the good. Despite their pressure however Dan had little to do. The second half started off the same but around the 60 minute mark things livened up when Moore and Thomas appeared. Yes Saints took their foot off the gas a bit but we stepped up a gear.

Our long injury list didn't improve with O'Brien being forced off at the interval.

I wasn't going to bother replying to you, so I won't. I'll let a 'Well fan do it. For one so grand, you have reached new heights of idiocy today - much like the stewards keeping people with disabilities back at the end for their safety!

I take it you struggle with the simple concept of humour.

Thats a shame.

As I posted on Steel men Online - you sir are in the minority. It was NEVER an intentional foul. That is perfectly clear and yet Gollum got his red card out quicker than a whoors knickers. He is an appalling referee. An abomination. He should be chucked into the junior leagues.

It doesn't matter a damn if it was intentional, it was a foul and it was DOGSO so it is a red card. It may be that it seems harsh because the guy got into a fankle rather than decided to take someone out but it doesn't change that in the laws of the game, it was a red card.

I take it you struggle with the simple concept of humour.

Thats a shame.

Got you RG. Can't get fishing emoticon to work so I'm not as clever as I think.

We seldom are. :)

I was serious about the stewards though.

Just watched the highlights Dom Thomas' trick just before our goal is brilliant. We've not had a guy that good at skinning c***s since McFadden the first time round. Well maybe Jamie Murphy but he was more pace than skill.

Still welcome point considering we were down to ten men and I'm glad we've stopped that losing run

It doesn't matter a damn if it was intentional, it was a foul and it was DOGSO so it is a red card. It may be that it seems harsh because the guy got into a fankle rather than decided to take someone out but it doesn't change that in the laws of the game, it was a red card.

If we're going strictly by the laws of the game, in this case Number 12, there could have been up to a dozen red cards yesterday. "Common sense" should have been applied as the ref would argue he'd done in a number of other incidents throughout the course of the match.

Got you RG. Can't get fishing emoticon to work so I'm not as clever as I think.

We seldom are. :)

I was serious about the stewards though.

Yeah someone on WAP mentioned the stewards before the game, so its not surprising they seem to have lived up to that.

Also..

fishing.gif

Would the Motherwell fans swap Ainsworth for McFadden before tomorrow night?

Nobody in their right mind would make that swap.

Nobody in their right mind would make that swap.

They were missing Hammell, McManus, Lawson, Vigurs, Lasley, McHugh, Francis-Angol and Pearson yesterday and Ojamaa has just left, yet the manager still didn't bring Ainsworth off the bench and they were chasing the game. Only started 13 of their league games this season.

They were missing Hammell, McManus, Lawson, Vigurs, Lasley, McHugh, Francis-Angol and Pearson yesterday and Ojamaa has just left, yet the manager still didn't bring Ainsworth off the bench and they were chasing the game. Only started 13 of their league games this season.

And? He's inconsistent and sometimes struggles to get involved, which is exactly the same as McFadden. Ainsworth can actually complete ninety minutes though and has the ability to pose problems for any defence in the league, whereas McFadden struggles against any half organised defence and struggles to go forty five minutes before struggling to match the pace.

And? He's inconsistent and sometimes struggles to get involved, which is exactly the same as McFadden. Ainsworth can actually complete ninety minutes though and has the ability to pose problems for any defence in the league, whereas McFadden struggles against any half organised defence and struggles to go forty five minutes before struggling to match the pace.

Thanks for more startling analysis. Can we have some more on a match you weren't even at please? I really enjoyed that.

The question I was raising and that you seem so to have taken unnecessary issue with was that if Ainsworth is only going to play a bit part under Baraclough (which may or may not be the case - hence why the question was directed at Motherwell fans) then would having a talismanic figure like McFadden available for what could be a tough final few months be more valuable.

I suspect a potential lift from McFadden returning might galvanise the players a bit, certainly just his experience would help. For what it's worth I don't particularly rate either of them, but hey ho that's what we're stuck with.

Thanks for more startling analysis. Can we have some more on a match you weren't even at please? I really enjoyed that.

Yeah, because me talking about Ainsworth and McFadden over the course of the season was me talking about the game yesterday. Astounding how someone so smart can make such desperate jumps to try and get one over me.

The question I was raising and that you seem so to have taken unnecessary issue with was that if Ainsworth is only going to play a bit part under Baraclough (which may or may not be the case - hence why the question was directed at Motherwell fans) then would having a talismanic figure like McFadden available for what could be a tough final few months be more valuable.

That's because we were a goal down and down to ten men, we needed players who were going to work hard as well trying to get on the ball and make things happen. Two things Ainsworth failed to do in his last three starts for Baraclough, he hid and never bothered his arse. It's not that he's a bit part player under Baraclough, it's that Baraclough has already had enough of his attitude.

The fact he'd rather turn to 18 year old Dom Thomas and fellow youngster Craig Moore before giving Ainsworth a chance probably shows he just doesn't trust Ainsworth enough to be interested. Double figures for goals and assists in just 23 starts last season showed what he's capable of when he can be bothered, sadly for us he hasn't been bothered in many games this season.

I imagine Baraclough will keep him though, the type of player Ainsworth is he will probably put a run of good performances together between now and the end of the season to try to win himself a new contract somewhere. Those games could be crucial in terms of us picking up points cause there's no doubting that on his day he can be one of the best wingers in the country.

Just a shame he can't be arsed more often.

You're question wasn't about yesterday's game though. Not sure why you have it in for RG on this thread but his comment was reasonable.

Would I swap Ainsworth for Faddy? No. There is a lack of pace in the team as it is and Ainsworth is the only real option for that. He is inconsistent and out of form but still offers more than Faddy (sadly). Faddy's presence in the dressing room is an interesting consideration and I am sure he was popular but woudl he influence the rest of the team? f**k knows.

Archived