Motherwell vs St Johnstone

Ojaama was the only player I was really worried about for Saturday. I just think you're a much better team having him in it. He's a bit like McLean at St Mirren, capable of individual brilliance. I don't see a "a couple of solid signings" helping you to as many points as Ojaama would.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst he's probably one of the last players I'd want to lose, he's one of the few players who we can actually get rid off to make money available. The rest are either under contract or nobody wants them, or in most cases both.

Whilst I'll always have a soft spot for Henrik, it's fair to say he didn't hit the heights this time round that he reached in his first spell. No doubt due to the fact he was playing in a vastly better team surrounded by good players during his first spell, rather than the shite he was lumbered with this time round.

However there's no room for sentiment in a relegation battle, if Baraclough can use Ojamaa's wages to bring in another couple of solid additions then it might be for the best in the long run.

That's true I guess. I'd quite like to see Dom Thomas maybe given a similar role to what Ojamaa had. He looked very promising in the last game I was at against Aberdeen. Perhaps a touch of the early Jamie Murphy about him though, good bit of skill but built like a twig.

Next to no goals for the rest of the season then?

It depends how much money we have available. I'd rather give Erwin and Moore a chance than play play right backs at left back and central midfield like we have been pretty much all season. If we can afford a forward as well then great

Sorry to see Henrik go, but I understand his reasons for leaving. I wouldn't think we will replace him like for like, Erwin and Moore will, and can IMO, fill that void. If he has fully recovered from the knee injury, I have high hopes for Craig Moore.

A left-back and a winger please. If I was being greedy, a goalkeeper too.

Sorry to see Henrik go, but I understand his reasons for leaving. I wouldn't think we will replace him like for like, Erwin and Moore will, and can IMO, fill that void. If he has fully recovered from the knee injury, I have high hopes for Craig Moore.

I'm the same. If Ojamaa stays, he kind of has to play given that I presume he's costing us a fortune, but I'd much rather get Moore game time. Erwin looked much better against United as well.

While I was truly unconvinced by the signing of Pearson, I reckon he could end up absolutely crucial. Him in midfield suddenly makes us look so much pacier, with the addition of big Lee and Moore as well, we're dangerous. A win is coming, sure of it!

A left-back and a winger please. If I was being greedy, a goalkeeper too.

Agreed, I'd imagine if anything Ojamaa moving on would mean that (depending on what formation we're playing) Erwin & Thomas will be getting rotated for his spot.

Personally I'd be prioritising a 'keeper and a centre half, another midfielder would be nice but it's possible that Pearson is already that signing.

Come on you Saints

Typical. You only acknowledge that we are the Saints when you require something from us. I can see right through you, boy.

Decided to go to this one tomorrow. Suddenly have more of an appetite for it after our performance against Aberdeen. I'm actually looking forward to it. Would be disappointed if we didn't get the win.

The rumour on Steelmen Online is that Pearson is injured. If so we are fucked.

Lawson - injured, Lasley - injured, Vigurs - injured, Pearson - (supposedly) injured, Ojamaa - away in the huff. So we will have literally no quality whatsoever in midfield.

Basically have no chance. St.Johnstone were my first pick on the coupon today.

And you didn't want Saints to "rattle us" as you put it before you went to the Hup Lee?

You need about 20 portions before you get your money's worth. You will be shitting through the eye of a needle tonight as well.

Archived