World Famous Dundee United v Celtic, LC Final 15th March

banana

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Team:

Rado - McGowan, Souttar, Fojut, Dixon - Butcher, Rankin - Erskine, Telfer, Connolly - Bilate

Subs: Szromnik, Dillon, Paton, Coote, Spittal, Dow, Anier.

Predicted Team:

Rado - McGowan, Dillon, Fojut, Dixon - Paton, Butcher, Rankin - Dow, Connolly - Anier

Actual Team:

?

My Team:

Rado - McGowan, Souttar, Fojut, Dixon - Butcher, Rankin - Erskine, Telfer, Connolly - Bilate

Predicted Team:

Rado - McGowan, Dillon, Fojut, Dixon - Paton, Butcher, Rankin - Dow, Connolly - Anier

Actual Team:

?

The idea that we should deliberately change our starting back four after Sunday's performance is totally ludicrous.

The idea that we should deliberately change our starting back four after Sunday's performance is totally ludicrous.

So you're not bother about Paton not getting a start? GET IN!!!

I've worn the fcuker down! :thumsup2

Rankin and Butcher were pretty good at the weekend, so you can't really leave them out. Other than somehow being mistaken for Butcher, Paton did little wrong in his time on too!

I'd like to see Telfer play, but I can't see Jackie breaking up that 3. If the rumour about Biton is true, it would leave us with 3 tough midfielders up against Brown and likely one of their young guys (Henderson or McGregor), while if Biton is fit, it leaves us with the status quo of the strong 3 up against Brown and Biton.

Up front is a different animal entirely - a completely unfit Super Mario, a completely out of form Anier or even the possibility of Dow on his own which has been used on occasion.

So to sum up - back 8 to stay the same, with Connolly, Dow and AN Other in f*ck knows what system up front.

And of course all this assumes that Paton has his red card overturned!

My Team:

No, just no.

Rado

McGowan

Morris

Fojut

Dixon

Rankin

Paton

Butcher

Dow

Erskine

Bilate

Not the sort of team I'd usually opt for, but we need to be organised, solid and prepared to get stick in if we are to win this. Not sure this is the sort of game to bring Telfer in, and he was anonymous in the semi final. Connolly might get some joy on the big pitch, and wouldn't be against him starting, but there's also the possibility that his physical deficiencies might see him struggle to make an impact.

Christ only knows what McNanara will go with, though.

Who knows what team Jackie will pick? I'm fairly certain that there will be a "what the f**k" selection though.

I also foresee Anier scoring the winner and Ciftci getting involved in a scrap. In his suit. Hopefully with his tie wrapped round his head Rambo style.

Who knows what team Jackie will pick? I'm fairly certain that there will be a "what the f**k" selection though.

I also foresee Anier scoring the winner and Ciftci getting involved in a scrap. In his suit. Hopefully with his tie wrapped round his head Rambo style.

I hope not. If GMS and Armstrong are anywhere in the stadium on Sunday then I want/expect Ciftci to be as close to them as possible and spend the afternoon pelting them with sweets whilst dressed in the Terry the Terror outfit. In the last few minutes of the game he can come down to the touchline and change into his United kit to get ready to do a John Terry at the final whistle once we win.

It is going to be hard to win this but given all the moaning and posturing from Victim FC a win here or in the SC replay would be all the sweeter.

Expect Sevco levels of seethe from the Green Bigot Brigade if we manage it.

Expect Sevco levels of seethe from the Green Bigot Brigade if we manage it.

expect Sevco levels of seeth, conspiracy theories accusations of cheating, underhandedness, trolling, tears, snotters and several heads gone if you lose it.

expect Sevco levels of seeth, conspiracy theories accusations of cheating, underhandedness, trolling, tears, snotters and several heads gone if you lose it.

Going to have to manager your expectations here, but I wouldn't be expecting that.

The cup is a big deal for United, so we' ll be upset, sure, but getting to another final shows clear progress for United. It was already a big ask when we lost GMS & Armstrong so as long as we get the same level of performance / commitment from the team as we saw last Sunday we can keep our heads held high, and not lose them here.

Much more pressure on Celtic though. The target set for your mob is the treble, so one cup is only a small step in that direction.. Given your palyers have been moaning all week about Uniteds finest they are clearly feeling the pressure. Poor wee lambs.

Archived