Carbuncle Award 2015

MuckleMoo

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's mhak moving to France all over again.

Least he was leaving the country. This wee hillbilly lad genuinely thinks the wee city along the road from his native hamlet is the big time. He's like Jon Voight in Midnight Cowboy, he'll be a gay prozzie in Dundee before long.

Least he was leaving the country. This wee hillbilly lad genuinely thinks the wee city along the road from his native hamlet is the big time. He's like Jon Voight in Midnight Cowboy, he'll be a gay prozzie in Dundee before long.

:lol:

FWIW, I love Aberdeen, I think it's a great city.

Aberdeen looks like an absolutely horrific place to live, with terrible people to boot.

Dundee gets a ton of flak but quite frankly having spent a weekend there I would happily live there. And they didn't shite their wee panties in September unlike Aberdeen and that other city that thinks the sun shines out of it's arse, Edinburgh.

The amount of people who have posted a link to this story then said "obviously never been to Dundee" on my Facebook has really irritated me. Glad to see people on this thread have a much better idea of what is going on and what this thread is about.

I lived in Aberdeen for three years before moving to Dundee and I'm delighted it has received this award. For the money that is up there Aberdeen is a complete disgrace. I'll not hold out hope of the council suddenly not making terrible decisions but it should be the kick up the arse they need. The Marischal Square stuff has the potential to annoy me as much as the UTG plans did. Lunacy.

The amount of people who have posted a link to this story then said "obviously never been to Dundee" on my Facebook has really irritated me. Glad to see people on this thread have a much better idea of what is going on and what this thread is about.

I lived in Aberdeen for three years before moving to Dundee and I'm delighted it has received this award. For the money that is up there Aberdeen is a complete disgrace. I'll not hold out hope of the council suddenly not making terrible decisions but it should be the kick up the arse they need. The Marischal Square stuff has the potential to annoy me as much as the UTG plans did. Lunacy.

As much as I agree with the majority of this post, I'm still not sure about the 'for the money that's up there...' part. Yes, there's a lot of money changing hands up here but should that equate to the council having megabucks to spend on public projects? Should you expect international companies to act as philanthropists such as Ian Wood who would never have offered the money for the UTG project had he not been Aberdeen born and bred?

It should be said that I actually like Dundee (I used to stay there every second weekend for a good few years after my folks split up). Prefer Aberdeen but if I was forced to move to Dundee then it wouldn't fill me with sadness.

Archived