Dundee v Partick Thistle

As has been said loads already utter shitfest, Thistle definitely looked better than us and had countless free headers from countless corners, can any of our defence fucking jump! Great to get the three points but we were utter shite and no way a top six team and if we do end up there probably says more about the league standard. Also Thistle have no worries about relegation, they'll be fine

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bain is brilliant in terms or commanding area and dont think ive seen him not colllect anything into the box.

How good was konrads tackle on doolan just before we broke for the winner. Absolutely stunning tackle which effort turned 0 points into 3

Although he got zero service today I think this Heffernan signing is a waste of money, just start Wighton FFS.

Got nothing to lose now seeing as you're already safe it's not even that much of a gamble playing Wighton, hope he gets more game time.

Never in any doubt!

How was The Heff? As bad as everyone imagined?

He wasn't exactly feeding off a constant supply but the couple of times the ball did get to him his legs didn't seem to do what his brain wanted.

Big Nade would have been perfect in that role :bairn:

Felt a bit guilty about that one, but if you don't bury any of your countless free headers in the box then that's what happens, a cruel game. Think Partick will survive no probs. Thought we were terrible.

Also Thistle have no worries about relegation, they'll be fine

I'm unsure if us Thistle fans are just really negative, or other team fans are just wrong, but I'm getting tired of this chat. We always get "Thistle look like a good team", yet we languish in the latter end of the table only propped up by three slightly or far worse teams. We leave games without the three points and don't have enough chances. It's poor and looking like a good team means nothing in such circumstances. Didn't attend today but the unsurprising late winner sums it up for me.

Yup agree about konrad vital challenge. Game changer. No point going on about the game really as both were dire. I did like osbourne though

Racist

The standard of football on show today was abysmal. I actually wanted to leave early but my son forced me to stay so at least I got to see a goal. Not that we deserved it. Thistle were the better team and all of a sudden without Greg Stewart and Harkins starting we have nothing to hurt teams. Paul Heffernan is certainly not the answer but to be fair to the boy he had absolutely no service today. McGowan and Bain probably best for us today.

Crying out for a decent winger/playmaker, not be sorry to see the Harris go.[/quote

Thought Harris was alright today actually, was a good outlet and showed a good bit of pace on the break a few times. Don't think he's the answer though.

I'm unsure if us Thistle fans are just really negative, or other team fans are just wrong, but I'm getting tired of this chat. We always get "Thistle look like a good team", yet we languish in the latter end of the table only propped up by three slightly or far worse teams. We leave games without the three points and don't have enough chances. It's poor and looking like a good team means nothing in such circumstances. Didn't attend today but the unsurprising late winner sums it up for me.

I've been to all three games against you this season and have thought you always looked a decent team and have probably controlled most of the play in them. We've been a bit lucky against you

Bain - 8

Mcginn - 5

Mcpake - 5

Konrad - 7

Irvine - 5

Gadzhalov - 4

Mcgowan - 6

Harris - 6

Mcginn - 5

Mccalister - 6

Heffernan - 4

Harkins - 7

Wighton - 6

Dyer - 5

We seem to score a crazy amount of last minute goals against Partick. Since they come up in 2003 I make that 8 times we've scored 85+ against them.

That's fine for us. The game lasts 90 minutes. I'm happy to score anytime, but late goals reduce the opponents' probability of s come back. Keep it up the Dee.

Bain - 6 - Nothing much to do other than collect crosses, which he done with ease.

McGinn - 6 - Steady, nothing special.

McPake - 6 - Should really be commanding the defence a bit more, and needs to win more headers.

Konrad - 7 - My MOTM, didn't do anything wrong to me and has an assured confidence when he gets the ball.

Irvine - 6 - Steady enough, done well getting forward, certainly hope he's not too injured and can keep the LB slot away from Dyer by name...

Gadz - 4 - Lost. Didn't know what he was doing, got in the way of everything and generally was shite. To the bench he goes.

Harris - 5 - Can't get past a man, and when he does he's as useful as Martin Boyle at putting a cross in.

McGowan - 6 - Quiet, but his Ketsbia impersonations are wonderful when we score.

McGinn - 5 - Either he's not fit or he's another quality player who's lost all his quality upon arriving at Dens - ala Ferry.

McAlister - 5 - He can run.

Heffernan - 5 - Not a target man, showed a couple of nice touches, and a couple duff touches. Showed that we need to stop this high ball up top nonsense recently.

Subs;

Dyer - 4 - No, just no. A Championship player who's passing is horrific and defending worse.

GGH - 7 - The spark we need. Shows that without him we don't score or create anything as he's one of 2/3 players we have that is a baller.

Wighton - 6 - Couple of nice touches once on, done well in the lead up to the goal. Can see him getting more game time now we're safe, and hopefully getting some good service to feet and the ability to play facing goal.

Archived