Free Agency

lichtie23

Jags apparently have money to burn. They need a solid OL and some weapons for Bortles.

They need an overhaul. It's been said that Blackmon will return for the 2015 season but will be interesting to see if he is as good as he was. He was such a big time target in that offence. I remember him having a mobster game against the Texans in his rookie year. I'm sure had over 200 recieving yards.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldnt have Crabtree anywhere near my top 25 either. Average athlete with decent hands, cant separate from defenders. He'll want to be paid like a number 1 guy and he's barely a number 2 in my opinion. If he leaves San Francisco Bruce Ellington will prove how un-missed he'll be ;)

Jags apparently have money to burn. They need a solid OL and some weapons for Bortles.

I really don't think they do need weapons. An O line for sure but the guys they have were all pretty promising last year when they got targets. Hurns dropped a few but made a fair number of big plays too so he may be the one to make way for Blackmon, either that or a rotation with him and Lee to try and keep Marqise Lee fully fit. Don't underestimate Blackmon either, sure he's been out for a while but his ability before that was phenomenal, just below the top tier receivers in terms of talent for me. I'm sure he wasn't ling about watching TV during rehab either so he's probably every bit the same athlete he was coming out of college.

What they do need is a running back though, not heard many folks link DeMarco Murray with them yet but I think that could be a great landing spot for him. If not keep an eye on whoever they get in the draft because they're going to blow up.

The other position I'll be watching is whichever one of Julius Thomas and Jordan Cameron winds up in Atlanta. Could be a deadly pass offense if they get the O line and Roddy White fit again along with a big pass catching TE

The Rak makes the list. Not sure why. Would happily let him walk unless he'd restructure. Franchised for 2014 and injured for practically all of it too

Because he's outstanding when he's fit, just in recent years it hasnt been very often :(

Back to Titans? Browns? Colts? Panthers?

Cut the Browns out and I think thats his only options. Even then a lot of the RBs coming out in this years draft are supposed to be excellent (heard it compared to last years WR class), certainly the ones I've seen are. Those 3 will probably end up grabbing one of the second tier guys for much less than CJ would cost.

Chris Johnson will never again be a lead back. He won't be highly sought after this Free Agency with genuinely talented players like CJ Spiller, DeMarco Murray, Mark ingram, Ryan Matthews and Stevan Ridley out there plus the abundance of players in the draft that can perform the same role.

Archived