Free Agency

lichtie23

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Houston Chronicle's John McClain reports the Texans have given Andre Johnson permission to seek a trade, and if one can't be found, he'll be released.

Also reporting a serious disturbance at Nakatomi Plaza...

Fo real doe, think Johnson ends up in Miami? They've ended up short on receivers and he'd be a nice compliment to Landry. Jacksonville could be interesting too if Shorts is let go...

Also reporting a serious disturbance at Nakatomi Plaza...

Fo real doe, think Johnson ends up in Miami? They've ended up short on receivers and he'd be a nice compliment to Landry. Jacksonville could be interesting too if Shorts is let go...

:lol:

My Raiders sources inform me an $11M per year deal is about to be offered to Randall Cobb, way more than GB are likely to offer.

For 2 million a year I think I'd rather stay on the packers tbh. Cobb doesnt strike me as the money grabber type

For 2 million a year I think I'd rather stay on the packers tbh. Cobb doesnt strike me as the money grabber type

Does such a player exist in the NFL?

You're telling me a guy from a very modest upbringing in a small Tennessee town would waive the chance to make 5 times the money for a team he has no affinity for to play for a better team he has no affinity for?

Granted players have restructured contracts and taken paycuts to stay on a certain team. But they are normally veteran players who have made their money ans spent most of their careers' at that club.

Cobb is gone to the highest bidder.

Does such a player exist in the NFL?

You're telling me a guy from a very modest upbringing in a small Tennessee town would waive the chance to make 5 times the money for a team he has no affinity for to play for a better team he has no affinity for?

Granted players have restructured contracts and taken paycuts to stay on a certain team. But they are normally veteran players who have made their money ans spent most of their careers' at that club.

Cobb is gone to the highest bidder.

I think there are guys who want the cash that comes with playing and there are guys who want to win trophies. Cobb has just always struck me as the latter for whatever reason.

2 million a year less is likely to be 10milkion over the length of the contract, there is no way a player will turn that down to stay at a club.

I think it's one of the great things about the NFL is that players will play for pretty much any team if the money is right, not like our football where the majority of the best players all end up at the same dozen clubs. Obviously the cap plays a part in this too

Orakpo states he'd like to stay but will come down to money. Also mentions Cowboys as a possible destination.

As much as I despise them Cowboys I think that'd be a great signing for them. Would instantly shore up that defence

Before reinjuring something and missing the rest of the season

May or may not be why I think it'd be a great signing ;) Shoutout to Sean Lee :P

Archived