World Famous Dundee United v Celtic, SC 1/4 Final

banana

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But it wasn't the refs decision for the first 2 reds he took advice from the assistant. The ref never seen it.

I hope both Paton and Van Dijk get their red cards overturned. Red for Ciftci, and nothing, or at worst a yellow for Butcher and Van Dijk

Games fucked if Van Dijk gets his overturned.

Do you have a video of why he got carded? I tried to watch it but it looked they just got entangled in each other. I might have missed it though, didn't see Ciftci's kick at first either

https://twitter.com/STV_Andy/status/574613923439190016

I'm guessing it's what happens at 14 seconds. He hits the thigh, but it doesn't look deliberate to me.

Edit: I know I'm biased, but it looks like he's trying to get up and accidentally steps on his thigh?

From what I can see there, red for Ciftci, VVD and yellow for Butcher.

Bollocks. It was a yellow nothing more

Not sure stamping on someone's a yellow. It's either accidental or it's a red. Obviously in this case it was a red.

Whole incident could have been avoided if Thomson had simpy stopped the game at Brown's initial foul.

How Brown escapes punishment for both the challenge that led to the red cards and also his challenge on butcher that gave us a free kick right on the edge of the box is unbelievable. Wanted to watch the incidents again before commenting but as I originally thought Brown is a dirty c**t (can actually be a good player at times). Seems ciftci hasn't learnt his lesson and would be very surprised if he doesn't face some sort of punishment.

Archived