World Famous Dundee United v Celtic, SC 1/4 Final

banana

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that was...exciting. And exhausting. Can't fault the effort of the players either. The annoying part is that we only seem to put that effort in after some sort of adversity.

Czerniak, at least after we went down to 9, was MOTM. How Thomson decided to send Paton off I have no idea, but kinda glad he didn't send off Butcher :ph34r:

Also, did a Celtic fan throw something at some point? Thought I saw something get launched onto the pitch.

A comment on a few players...

Cierzniak - Outstanding. This is what he offers, pity he makes too many blunders at other times.

Rankin - w****r. No, really. Thats two games against Celtic where he has been great. So why is he such a lazy b*****d every other week?

Ciftci - Phenomenon. He put in as much defensive work as anyone on the park AND was our only attacking outlet.

Butcher - I think we can confirm he is our number one holding midfielder now. The boy put in two shifts today.

So boys and girls, what did we learn from this game.

Scott Browns a thug

Ciftcis a thug

Anthony Stokes isn't very good

Craig Thomson is incompetent even when he isn't cheating.

so nothing really.

"Learn" would imply that this was all something previously unknown. However, it does seem Brown enjoys a bit of "leeway" from referees :rolleyes:

The DABs did well to get a draw out of that, I thought they were fucked going down to 9 so early in the second half. However, those free kicks were fucking atrocious :lol:

As for the comments over the behaviour of Celtic's fans, why bother? They're like the Sevco lot. Literally no point in judging a sub-species by normal human behaviour standards.

Great decision that Butcher wasn't sent off. Would have lost without him.

As much as we were cheated by a referee that has cheating in his DNA, we still drew. United to win the replay.

:lol:

There will be appeals - Brown was lucky not to get at least booked but since the ref saw the incident he's likely to get booked. Paton I guess will have his rescinded, not sure what will happen with Butcher. Ciftci might be in trouble. Judging by Ronny's comment I would also be surprised if we didn't file a complaint against Connoly for diving, as in the Boerrigter situation. Should be a fun week for the legal teams!

Don't really know how to sum that game up, the football ended after Dixon got sent off and it was just a Celtic pressure show from there on in. Fantastic battling performance from United, neither team played any real football but we were outstanding at keeping our shape and doing the dirty stuff in terms of defending and keeping the energy up.

It felt a little like a win and a defeat at the end, I felt very confused. On one hand I was so proud of us but on the other I was a sad not to see us sneak through in the end.

Individual players that stood out for me are the same as ArabFc's -

Rado - Fantastic performance, his shot stopping was out of this world.

Rankin - So much energy, so much determination. On the ball he wasn't great but he made up for that with his determination and work rate.

Butcher - What a turnaround for this guy. I saw him at Arbroath playing against the Dundee U20s a few months ago and he was horrific. Now he is possibly my first pick in terms of the midfield. He offers so much defensively and going forward, he is a very dynamic midfielder who should be given a new contract immediately.

Ciftci - Did what he needed to, and always looked one move away from doing something special.

Thought Bilate might have been brought on towards the end to hold the ball up, Cifcti was shattered.

The main thing is that it will give all the fans a real boost ahead of next Sunday and we can all hopefully look forward to the game and enjoy our day out!

Craig Thomson can suck my fuckin nudger. Terrible performance which resulted in him sending off the wrong players and let Scott Brown away with his usual thuggery. Scotlands best referee? Boys a clown

Archived