World Famous Dundee United v Celtic, SC 1/4 Final

banana

In my opinion Brown could've very well have seen red as both his feet were off the ground with the initial challenge, Ciftci should definitely see red for booting Brown in the face/neck and Van Dijk and Butcher should have only have seen yellow for their petulant flailing of tangled legs. Linesman has made a c**t of it, he led Butcher away by the arm ffs! Then tells the ref to send off another player. Hilarious viewing. When I was watching it I just was waiting to see just how many people were gonna get booked for the melee, never once thought a red would be appearing.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure stamping on someone's a yellow. It's either accidental or it's a red. Obviously in this case it was a red.

Whole incident could have been avoided if Thomson had simpy stopped the game at Brown's initial foul.

That's a very good point.

Watching the TV evidence over and over again, Pat Nevin on Sportscene said there should have been 4 red cards, and Michael stewart, only 1.

What gets me more than anything isn't that Brown wasn't sent off or booked, but that Thompson didn't even see it as a free-kick.

If Ciftci gets banned, we're fecked.

In my opinion Brown could've very well have seen red as both his feet were off the ground with the initial challenge, Ciftci should definitely see red for booting Brown in the face/neck and Van Dijk and Butcher should have only have seen yellow for their petulant flailing of tangled legs. Linesman has made a c**t of it, he led Butcher away by the arm ffs! Then tells the ref to send off another player. Hilarious viewing. When I was watching it I just was waiting to see just how many people were gonna get booked for the melee, never once thought a red would be appearing.

Agree with this.

Watching the TV evidence over and over again, Pat Nevin on Sportscene said there should have been 4 red cards, and Michael stewart, only 1.

What gets me more than anything isn't that Brown wasn't sent off or booked, but that Thompson didn't even see it as a free-kick.

If Ciftci gets banned, we're fecked.

I agreed with the point Nevin made about Celtic being able to cope with the suspensions better that Utd.........unfortunately.

This is the best assessment of what happened that i've read.

And from a Celtic fan as well... 8)

I agreed with the point Nevin made about Celtic being able to cope with the suspensions better that Utd.........unfortunately.

Well what he said is we don't have a big enough squad. Our squad is plenty big, as shown by the fact that all our subs yesterday have played fairly regularly. It's just that we really need Ciftci in the team against Celtic to have any chance.

repetitive...?

Scott Brown says .

Brown clearly has a bookings immunity cheat turned on.

Classic Broon. Inadequate little wanker.

The failure of Scott Brown to receive even one yellow card today is simply inexplicable.

It's 'Broonie' though.

Carry on as you were Broonie!

PS: On tonight's show, Nevin says if Brown does that kind of thing in Europe he'd be off.... hmmm, wonder why that is.

:lol::lol:

Dundee United fans don't like it up em :lol:

eta That's just a fraction of the seeth.

He's really ugly as well. His face looks like it's being reflected off the back of a spoon.

Well played sir.....that made me chuckle.

If Van Djik and Ciftci get bans do the take effect instantly? Will both be out for the cup final

Ciftci is out anyway for two yellows in the league cup, if he does get a retrospective ban (which he should IMO) he will be out for the scottish cup replay.

Thoroughly enjoyed that game yesterday, both teams going toe to toe combined with a bit of needle and some howling refereeing decisions made it a cracking watch, atmosphere in the ground was electric, all joking and club rivalry slagging aside we should all be singing the praises of both sides for showing up Scottish football as something worth watching.

A few observations

1 - The wee fanny who lobbed the phone onto the pitch was a couple of rows behind me, he was utterly pished and I could not believe he got in at the turnstiles, he was with a similarly inbred ugly bunch of neds, hopefuly CCTV identifies the fuckwit and a lifetime ban ensues, arseholes like him get the decent Celtic supporters a hard time on places like here

2 - Paton will clearly get his red card overturned but having seen it on TV last night I think we should appeal VVD's, I cant see how he did anything to warrant a red.

3 - The penalty was a clear dive but Stokes hand briefly brushes Connoly's shirt and that alone will probably be enough to prevent a retrospsective ban. Ciftci should be hauled up for a clear boot to the head on Brown though

Someone should probably mention that it's all Scott browns fault and the fact that he's just a thug.

I quite like Scott Brown as a player but did think he led a bit of a charmed life yesterday by not even receiving a booking throughout the match let alone for that tackle.

A few observations

1 - The wee fanny who lobbed the phone onto the pitch was a couple of rows behind me, he was utterly pished and I could not believe he got in at the turnstiles, he was with a similarly inbred ugly bunch of neds, hopefuly CCTV identifies the fuckwit and a lifetime ban ensues, arseholes like him get the decent Celtic supporters a hard time on places like here

I bet John Rankin picked the phone up, phoned the guy's wife and said he was with a rent boy!!!

Archived