Hampden pitch to be relaid

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re the home game on March 7 v East Fife. What are the chances of us going back to Airdrie for one week? Lesser would be great but lacks some basic facilities required for League 2 football

Bit disappointed about some of the previous comments about Airdrie. Perfect hosts and a tidy stadium. A bit of an own goal referring to the lack of soul etc. 600 in a 52000 space isn't exactly bouncing happily visit Excelsior anytime.

If the SFA don’t take up the further option on the table then I assume we’ll take over the management of the stadium again

Just think of all the money we could make from hiring the place out for gigs and SPFL cup games. Lovely! Or we could sell it and tart up Lesser

Re the home game on March 7 v East Fife. What are the chances of us going back to Airdrie for one week? Lesser would be great but lacks some basic facilities required for League 2 football

The very thought of going back to Airdrie fills me with dread.

Would be nice to watch a Clyde/QP game at Hampden without a telescope

don't know what your problem is - I get a great view from my comfy faux-leather seat right in line with the halfway line!

don't know what your problem is - I get a great view from my comfy faux-leather seat right in line with the halfway line!

Doesn't help when the bulk of the away support is housed in the G21 postcode area. :thumbsdown

Only went to recent game as the limited view was offset by the reduction in admission price. :)

Who actually owns Hampden now? I was always understand the belief Hampden was owned by QP, and the debt that came with the refurbishment came with that, but it was rented out to SFA/ SPFL for games? From what I read above, it appears that isn't the case anymore? If not, does that mean QP don't have the debt, but pay rent on the ground now for a long term lease?

Who actually owns Hampden now? I was always understand the belief Hampden was owned by QP, and the debt that came with the refurbishment came with that, but it was rented out to SFA/ SPFL for games? From what I read above, it appears that isn't the case anymore? If not, does that mean QP don't have the debt, but pay rent on the ground now for a long term lease?

No, Queen's Park still own Hampden but we signed a 20 year lease (with a further 20 year option) with the SFA that gives them management of the stadium, including the pitch, and they get the profits from gigs, internationals, any other event. In return they pay us an amount of money each year which goes towards paying off the debt

If the SFA don’t take up the further option on the table then I assume we’ll take over the management of the stadium again

Just think of all the money we could make from hiring the place out for gigs and SPFL cup games. Lovely! Or we could sell it and tart up Lesser

Sell it, get rich, tart up Lesser, let Scotland move away from it. Everybodys happy. Never thought id see the day where I thought Hampden was past it, but after going to a few away games and seeing the stadiums of Poland/Germany/England etc and even going to Celtic Park and Ibrox I think Hampdens a shiteheap of a national ground. Queens Park could make Lesser a fantastic lower league ground.

No, Queen's Park still own Hampden but we signed a 20 year lease (with a further 20 year option) with the SFA that gives them management of the stadium, including the pitch, and they get the profits from gigs, internationals, any other event. In return they pay us an amount of money each year which goes towards paying off the debt

Is it known how much the debt is/ how much is paid off every year? I mean if in 2020 Scotland didn't take their option on the lease, would there be an issue for QP regarding servicing/ paying off the debt if the ground wasn't sold/ bringing in a certain amount of revenue if kept and rented out for events etc?

On the flip side, could the SFA potentially end up paying off all the debt through the lease and QP end up raking it in every year or sell for ground for a huge amount..... I'd hope for this, invest the cash in the best youth facilities/ coaches in the country, develop all the best players, rise up to once again be the best team in Glasgow :D

Archived