Are you a real man?

Spain

My questions seemed different.

Apparently I'm Tyler Durden even if I don't know how to change the oil in my car.

The first rule of fight club is don't put a fully synthetic 5W-20 in your old 02 Fiesta.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. His wedding anniversary date - Yes
2. Basic DIY - How 'basic' are we talking here?
3. How to change a light bulb - Yes
4. How to tie up a tie - Yes. As does anyone who has ever worked in an office.
5. How to read a map - Yes
6. His partner's favourite drink - Yes. How many drinks do you have to buy someone before you figure this out?
7. How to iron a shirt - Yes
8. How to change a tyre - Yes
9. How to wet shave correctly - Yes
10. The right amount of aftershave to use - I suppose so. Nobody has ever told me otherwise.
11. How to change a fuse - Yes
12. When a woman says "I'm fine" she is not fine - This could be translated to "Has ever interacted with a woman"
13. How to put up a shelf - Yes
14. How to polish his shoes - Yes
15. How to give a confident handshake - Yes
16. How many inches are in a foot - Seriously? Having graduated infant school, yes.
17. When to accept defeat and apologise - Married for almost 22 years. Of course.
18. Know the offside rule - Yes
19. The year England won the World Cup - Gosh, if only this had been mentioned in the media before.
20. How to do his own laundry - Yes
21. How to fix a bike puncture - Yes
22. How to jumpstart a car - Yes
23. How to parallel park - Yes
24. The difference between ale and lager - Yes
25. The best way to carve meat - Yes
26. His own height - Are you telling me there are adults who don't know this?
27. How to drive in snow - Yes
28. What wires represent earth, live and neutral - Wiring is different here and plugs are part of the flex so I'd have to look this up. But I know how to use Google.
29. How to introduce himself - Yes
30. His parents' address - Yes, I know where my parents live. Fuxxake.
31. What the football scores were at the weekend - What? All of them?
32. How to light a BBQ - Yes
33. When a woman says "Do what you want" do not do what you want - Again, yes, I have met a woman before.
34. How to change oil - Yes. Assuming this is the oil in a car.
35. What the biggest recent football transfers are - Not really, no. I can live with that.
36. How to build a fire - Yes
37. Which way is North - Yes
38. How to use the contents of the toolbox - Yes. At least, in theory.
39. How to tune in a telly - Televisions still have to be tuned in? The last one I bought, I just had to connect the colour coded cables and switch it on.
40. How many miles are left after the petrol light appears - Yes
41. How to fix a toilet - Well, this really depends upon what's wrong with it. But yes, I have fixed toilets.
42. How to put someone in a recovery position - Yes
43. His personal alcohol limits - Yes, although I don't always stay within them.
44. Change a battery on a car - Yes
45. How to get a car unstuck - Unstuck from...?
46. The words to the national anthem - Meh
47. How to change a nappy - Never have and I plan to keep it that way. But I'm sure I could figure it out if for some unimaginable reason I had to.
48. How to perform CPR - Yes
49. How to put up a tent - Yes
50. Who are favourites to win the Premier League - I'm going to go with Celtic but it's not a lock at this point.

A rather odd list.

Went through this wi the missus present. We were due to get married this year and, I'm ashamed to say, I got question 1 wrong.

On the upside, I've managed to get out of prior engagement tonight and I'm going out for pints.

So William Hill have come up with a supposed list of things that all men should know. Here's the Telegraphs bit on it:

it seems what i thought was my cock and balls was just a giant clitoris.

can't seem to find my vagina though..........

it seems what i thought was my cock and balls was just a giant clitoris.

can't seem to find my vagina though..........

It'll have a Celtic scarf around it.

Hmm - I'm okay with most of it, but there's lot of driving related stuff which I fail on as I don't drive. Purposely never learnt as I spent my formative years travelling the country playing in bands, and didn't want to be the poor b*****d driving back from Invernaewhere at 2am.

The wedding anniversary one's a sticking point too. We got married abroad, so the date changed about four or five times before it happened due to residency qualifications and so on, with the result that neither of us can ever remember it - she got the MONTH wrong last year! As a result, we just celebrate the anniversary of the day we met instead, which is an easy one to remember - April Fools Day...

Couldn't fix a toilet either, though I'm alright at blocking them.

Hmm - I'm okay with most of it, but there's lot of driving related stuff which I fail on as I don't drive. Purposely never learnt as I spent my formative years travelling the country playing in bands, and didn't want to be the poor b*****d driving back from Invernaewhere at 2am.

The wedding anniversary one's a sticking point too. We got married abroad, so the date changed about four or five times before it happened due to residency qualifications and so on, with the result that neither of us can ever remember it - she got the MONTH wrong last year! As a result, we just celebrate the anniversary of the day we met instead, which is an easy one to remember - April Fools Day...

Couldn't fix a toilet either, though I'm alright at blocking them.

Fix a toilet could be a multitude of things. I can break a stubborn shite up with a wire coat hanger, does that count?

Fix a toilet could be a multitude of things. I can break a stubborn shite up with a wire coat hanger, does that count?

Makes you more of a man in my book than if you were able to put up a tent.

I also assume they were meaning the correct way to introduce yourself is in burp talk.

What a load of shite. Awful, sexist, 'laddish' bullshit.

According to this list if you took away cars, football, television and crass and stereotypical views of women you are not a real man.

It's almost as if some wanky focus group brain stormed and thought "What kind of things will the knuckle dragging, low class, degenerate scum that frequent our betting shops like? I know cars, football, television and crass, stereotypical views of women".

According to this list if you took away cars, football, television and crass and stereotypical views of women you are not a real man.

It's almost as if some wanky focus group brain stormed and thought "What kind of things will the knuckle dragging, low class, degenerate scum that frequent our betting shops like? I know cars, football, television and crass, stereotypical views of women".

^^^^^Got-them-all-wrong-type-post, IMHO

Archived