The Kenny McLean love in thread. Dons v Saints.

It's Tuesday and nobody has started up a thread for this match yet!

Aberdeen will obviously be strong strong strong home banker of the weekend favourites for this match and rightly so. We are a different team away from home this season. It will have to take a pretty special effort from Saints to take a point away from Todders let alone a win.

I think GT should go for damage limitation, drop Thompson start McLear or Snoop Dogg and shitfest the midfield.

Should be a 3-0 routine home win for the Dons.

Now for the man of the moment, if it wasn't for McLean we would probably be relegated by now, he seems to have slotted in nicely as if he has been playing for Aberdeen all his life.

My favourite McLean goal is this one against Dundee. His goal at Pittodrie in the League Cup game is a close 2nd :wub: .

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our record against St Mirren at Pittodrie is terrible. 1 win in 7 and that was a 2-0 win last season. If we play like we did this season with the 2-2 draw we should win by 3 or 4 (how we only got a draw in that game is a mystery: thanks Kenny McLean lol)

Routine Aberdeen win. 2-0. Saints fans try to write this off as yet another fixture where we shouldn't have expected anything, and saying Aberdeen are a top club with better players. They are a better team of course, but we seem to have a new-found penchant for running up the white flag before certain games. So, I'll have to go with 2-0 Dons. Our real battles will be claimed to be purely against fellow shite Ross County and Motherwell. Incidentally, the list of fixtures where we shouldn't expect anything grows year on year. Back in the day it used to be Celtic and Rangers away. Everywhere else, we always felt we had a chance, a shout, a wee sniff of getting a result. Now we write off games against ICT, Arabs, Dons, probably St Johnstone away too.

Annnnyway.... Rant over. BoD act like a wee diddy corner shop with no right to be mixing it with Sainsburys or Waitrose, then we are where we are, and no point complaining. Turn up, shut up, buy your ST and don't forget - we saved the club and you cnuts didnae' buy any shares in 1998.

Did I say 'rant over'? Oh aye, so I did. OK then.... shhhhh!

Maybe McLean will sit this one out to avoid putting him in a difficult situation. Could be a wee rotate of the squad.

Shankland, Smith and Flood all pushing for a start

Anderson and Low are injured. Taylor and Hayes are doubtful.

Hayes picked up a hamstring strain against Hamilton.

My favourite McLean goal is this one against Dundee. His goal at Pittodrie in the League Cup game is a close 2nd :wub: .

Was sat pretty much directly behind the line of the ball for both those goals. :) I'd have to place them the other way round given how important that fixture turned out.

Be miraculous if we continue our recent half decent record(a lot of draws) at Pittodrie. Surely the Thommo/Arquin experiment will be binned, does Teale have the balls to bench the big man?

3-0 to the Sheep, Kenny to score(nap).

McLean 15/8 anytime scorer and 6/1 for the first goal.

Is no-one going to predict something other than a routine home win?

I'm going for 3-0 as long as we can get an early goal. I'd expect St. Mirren to shitfest and do their best for a 0-0 draw.

In their position a point up here would be an unexpected bonus (like last time!).

It's a pity Hayes will probably no make it but it gives us a chance to let another player get more game time. We haven't really being rotating the team at all.

Hope it doesn't mean we run out of steam towards the end of the season like last year.

Shankland to start this one alongside Goodwillie. Pawlett in the gap behind with McGinn and Hayes (if fit) each wing. Jack at the base of the diamond.

I hope

Not sure Rooney deserves to be dropped. Though if one of our other strikers score a legitimate goal which is given then maybe its worth a punt.

Not sure Rooney deserves to be dropped. Though if one of our other strikers score a legitimate goal which is given then maybe its worth a punt.

Not so much dropping him but good to have rotation in the squad, something we didn't do last season. Games against the weaker (sorry Buddies!) sides are a good opportunity to rest players, especially with the Timmy game around the corner.

Not so much dropping him but good to have rotation in the squad, something we didn't do last season. Games against the weaker (sorry Buddies!) sides are a good opportunity to rest players, especially with the Timmy game around the corner.

definitely think Aberdeen should rotate their squad in this game. Should even just field your under 20's (or is it development squad) against us.:wacko: We've fielded ours against everybody this season its a riot, most enjoyable season in years, more teams should give it a bash :wacko::blink:-_-

definitely think Aberdeen should rotate their squad in this game. Should even just field your under 20's (or is it development squad) against us.:wacko: We've fielded ours against everybody this season its a riot, most enjoyable season in years, more teams should give it a bash :wacko::blink:-_-

Nice try!

no way Rooney is not starting.

Shankland does deserve some gametime though and certainly would be great to see him start.

22 goals for u20s this season and looked very impressive every time he's had his token five minutes

Archived