The Kenny McLean love in thread. Dons v Saints.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to this one, fantastic to see the fans responding in decent numbers to last week at Hamilton. This is another tough test against a team who have a surprisingly decent record up here, albeit mainly draws.

Indeed, if we ever needed reminding how dangerous a tie this is, we chucked away a 2-0 lead in September to draw with the Maureens and go into this one without arguably our best player this season.

Nonetheless, we should have enough to win this one. I would like to see McInnes draft in Goodwillie to replace Hayes and go for this game from the off. I find we are a bit more hesitant in our build up play with Willo in the team and against a team who will be stuffy, we could do with being decisive and direct on the break. Bar that, I can't see any other changes, and hopefully the team can continue to play like we did last Sunday at Hamilton.

It will be interesting to see how St Mirren are shaping up without Kenny McLean, and how their play has adapted without him. Also, a debut for long rumoured steakbake fae Greggs on Union Street fan Alan Gow should get Aberdeen Mad thrilled (if anyone is still there!)

Reckon it will finish 2-0 the Famous - Rooney and McLean with the goals.

This is spot on imo. Goodwillie in for Hayes is by far the best option as Flood just disrupts our attacking play. Don't want to see him anywhere near the team tomorrow. We will probably get off with him tomorrow but not next week.

Agree on all those comments. When Flood comes on the park from now on we should make sure he is further up the park than traditionally has been.

Jack should play in holding midfield on his own. Playing two holding is obviously defensive but also doesnt bring out the best in Jack or Flood

Should be a convincing home victory. Would love to say that I fancied our chances but I don't. I have a cunning plan right enough, I've not won a bet since October so I've put Aberdeen on. Let's hope my poor betting form continues instead of St. Mirren's .

Looking forward to visiting Aberdeen I must say. I really like the city, Pittodrie not so much. A few quick predictions for tomorrow, in no particular order.

1) Aberdeen will win. -1 on William Hill is 17/20. That surely has to be a money printer?

2) Kenny McLean will score

3) Alan Gow will not. He will do nothing and be subbed/sent off - delete as appropriate

Looking forward to visiting Aberdeen I must say. I really like the city, Pittodrie not so much. A few quick predictions for tomorrow, in no particular order.

1) Aberdeen will win. -1 on William Hill is 17/20. That surely has to be a money printer?

2) Kenny McLean will score

3) Alan Gow will not. He will do nothing and be subbed/sent off - delete as appropriate

I noticed some straw clutching from some folk that Teale might be able to get the best out of Gow as they'd have been together at Clydebank. Even more desperate when you consider Teale had already moved to Ayr by the time Gow turned up at the Bankies.

ALso noticed this on Wiki: "Gow started his senior career with his hometown club Clydebank, but moved to Airdrie United in 2002." Interesting use of "moved to"...

Hopefully Willo Flood will be nowhere near the starting X1, the guy's abominable range of dire passing is a step backwards for the Dons, how he made a career out of football is everything thats wrong with the SPL, utter drivel and athletic he is not.

If Jim Bett was deid he would be turning in his grave.

Cannot understand the disdain in which Willo Flood has been held by many Dons fans recently. Fair enough he had a poor 45 minutes v St Johnstone a few weeks back but the guy was a key performer last season in what was our best season in a generation. Think folk need to cut him some slack, I'm sure he can be a good player for us again in the weeks and months to come.

Cannot understand the disdain in which Willo Flood has been held by many Dons fans recently. Fair enough he had a poor 45 minutes v St Johnstone a few weeks back but the guy was a key performer last season in what was our best season in a generation. Think folk need to cut him some slack, I'm sure he can be a good player for us again in the weeks and months to come.

Agreed, some folk have been a bit harsh.

He was one of the stand out performers last season linking really well with both Jack and Robson.

We seem to have moved on this season and because of injuries Flood has been left behind somewhat and doesn't quite fit into the team at the moment.

Doesn't make him a terrible player all of a sudden.

Agree. Willo flood is a very good premiership player and signing him and robson improved Aberdeen no end.

It's fairly obvious that this was a season too far for Robson from the little I have seen and willo has lost his place due to injury and the good form of the other players.

Contrast this with, say, the ever eagerly anticipated return of a certain Russell Anderson who comfortably fits into both the injuries taking their toll and season too far bracket and one might think the bold willo is being singled out for only being at Aberdeen for a short spell. Perhaps not "Aberdeen minded" enough for the fans in the granite city :P

Flood is a great player to have on the bench. If we have games where the opposition are dominating midfield he can come on put tackles in and break up play.

Today is a tough game and a must win for the dandies. We will get lots of chances just need to make sure we take them and keep it tight at the back.

Fantastic, that must mean he's absolutely shite and should never play for us again.

I despair sometimes, I really do.

No it means when we have better players available he doesn't play. He just doesn't fit into the system we play at the moment and just gets in the way.

He's been injured for a long time. He fitted in fine last season and when he is back to playing he will fit fine again.

Oh great! Back to 1-0 either way games with him breaking up every attack. He is good enough to get us 3rd or 4th but not 1st or 2nd.

Archived