Chelsea fans - utter scum

Exactly....everyones first thought on seeing that clip....Chelsea/Rangers.

Not really, i thought of Tonev, Griffiths and Celtic fans when Walters played. Suppose it's just me that sees the irony from a fan of a club that has players who have had racist allegations brought against them.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fairness to Griffiths - is it racist to misunderstand EU free movement of persons rules and not to realise there is no war or persecution currently happening in the Czech Rep?

Plus, my guess is Tonev learned his racism before he joined, and Griffiths obviously did.. So we're left with the whataboutery from the 80s and the guy who abused Diouf.

In fairness to Griffiths - is it racist to misunderstand EU free movement of persons rules and not to realise there is no war or persecution currently happening in the Czech Rep?

Plus, my guess is Tonev learned his racism before he joined, and Griffiths obviously did.. So we're left with the whataboutery from the 80s and the guy who abused Diouf.

Oh very good, very good indeed, so Tonev was a racist before he signed for Celtic, that must be an injustice against Celtic losing him for seven games. Very good indeed.

I made the point about Grifiths that he should be educated if everything for being so stupid and not knowing what a refugee was but the fact of the matter was it was a malicious attempt at discrimination and he just happens to be too ignorant to know what he was saying thus in turn making himself and the other supporters out to be the biggest morons around

Nah there's more if you can be arsed looking , here is one to get you started

Date: September 24, 2007

A GANG of racist knife thugs attacked two Asian youths on Saturday night.

The neds set upon the 17-year-olds in Trongate, Glasgow, about 10.30pm.

They stabbed one lad in the back and tried to slash the other one's head.

The first victim was kept in hospital, where his condition was described as "stable" yesterday.

Police said the attack by four boys aged 16 to 18 - three wearing Celtic gear - was racially motivated.

Not related to the topic but this story is a cracker none the less haha

A CELTIC fan was yesterday jailed for carrying a knife after getting involved in a row while dressed as a woman.

William Officer had bet a pal that Celtic would win the Old Firm clash on March 29, with the loser having to go to the shops dressed as a woman.

But as Officer, 24, walked through Stirling he got involved in an argument.

He then ran back to his pal's flat and returned to the scene with a kitchen knife.

At the town's sheriff court yesterday, Officer, of Cowie, Stirlingshire, was jailed for six months.

A CELTIC fan was yesterday jailed for carrying a knife after getting involved in a row while dressed as a woman.

William Officer had bet a pal that Celtic would win the Old Firm clash on March 29, with the loser having to go to the shops dressed as a woman.

He then ran back to his pal's flat and returned to the scene with a kitchen knife.

At the town's sheriff court yesterday, Officer, of Cowie, Stirlingshire, was jailed for six months.

He got lifted by an officer of the old bill, his names bill officer and he's not a billy he's lost a bet with a billy boy

The two Ronnies style sketch practically writes itself

Oh, speaking of "billy boys", isn't it true that the most revered song in the rangers handbook is an homage to the sectarian Glasgow razor gang of the same name, a gang led by Billy Fullerton who was a member of the British union of fascists, whose gang was paid to break up trade union strikes, and a man who (wait for it) set up the Glasgow chapter of the ku klux klan, recruiting heavily from the same "billy boys" gang?

So rangers fans, who are oh so concerned about tackling the racist right wing element in their support, think the best way of going about this is to sing a song glorifying a gang of fascists, strike-breakers and klansmen!!

But quite why rangers football club is adored by the far right in Britain is a mystery.

This is the sort of nonsense old firm fans jump across to try and get one over the opposition, its pretty bloody ignorant tbh

Oh, speaking of "billy boys", isn't it true that the most revered song in the rangers handbook is an homage to the sectarian Glasgow razor gang of the same name, a gang led by Billy Fullerton who was a member of the British union of fascists, whose gang was paid to break up trade union strikes, and a man who (wait for it) set up the Glasgow chapter of the ku klux klan, recruiting heavily from the same "billy boys" gang?

So rangers fans, who are oh so concerned about tackling the racist right wing element in their support, think the best way of going about this is to sing a song glorifying a gang of fascists, strike-breakers and klansmen!!

But quite why rangers football club is adored by the far right in Britain is a mystery.

Given Moseley's support for the Irish Republican movement and the disdain that Orangism had for the BUF that would seem to sit uneasily with more conventional ideas of Rangers identity.

Mind you my Grandad fought variously as a black shirt and a red shirt on the streets of London so I suggest that theres a risk of exaggerating the ideological and philosophical depth of these movements at grass roots level.

I'm reluctant to believe that an obscure hoodlum from the thirties is often the "Billy" that comes to the singers mind first when the song is aired these days. Likewise I don't think they're expressing negative reviews of Alexander Pope's translation of the Iliad.

Nah there's more if you can be arsed looking , here is one to get you started

Date: September 24, 2007

A GANG of racist knife thugs attacked two Asian youths on Saturday night.

The neds set upon the 17-year-olds in Trongate, Glasgow, about 10.30pm.

They stabbed one lad in the back and tried to slash the other one's head.

The first victim was kept in hospital, where his condition was described as "stable" yesterday.

Police said the attack by four boys aged 16 to 18 - three wearing Celtic gear - was racially motivated.

Hunting for a Daily Record story from 2007? Not obsessed at all lol.

My comment was basically tongue in cheek anyway and I recognise there will be racist Celtic supporters. I do think that certain clubs have a more inbuilt far right wing tendency than most though - Chelsea and Rangers (RIP) being two examples.

Archived