Blur to Release New Album

Stephen Malkmus

The album is called 'Magic Whip' and this is the first single from it:

Oasis are probably going to reform now and it's going to be 1995 again.

At least the videos were a bit better back then & didn't have to steal an Asian lassie's YouTube tutorial on how to make ice cream.

The new tune is utter garbage which has made my excitement for the album wane slightly. Still looking forward to it though.

Read somewhere that there's plans for touring it so hopefully they announce a Scottish date. Their set at TITP a few years ago was one of the best I've ever seen.

The new tune is utter garbage which has made my excitement for the album wane slightly.

It's not that bad after a coupe of listens. Looking forward to the Album, one of my favourite bands from my yoof, saw them live at the SEC,was fucking amazing.

There's something on the NME site which says they're playing Scotland and Wales prior to Hyde Park, which is on 20th June.

Think that'll either mean a massive gig like Glasgow Green or potentially The Hydro, or somewhere "intimate" as a sort of warm-up to the big Hyde Park gig like the Barras or somewhere.

There's something on the NME site which says they're playing Scotland and Wales prior to Hyde Park, which is on 20th June.

Think that'll either mean a massive gig like Glasgow Green or potentially The Hydro, or somewhere "intimate" as a sort of warm-up to the big Hyde Park gig like the Barras or somewhere.

A small gig is always better but at least a massive gig gives more chance to get tickets. Not a huge fan of outdoor gigs as seems to attract a bigger percentage of arseholes.

• 2 months later...

Six tracks in so far and I must say i'm surprisingly pleased with it. I haven't really liked much from them since "Blur".

Lonesome Road and I Broadcast are cracking tracks.

Archived